[Resolved] Makemytrip.com / refund not received for air ticket cancellation

1 India Review updated:

I have canceled 2 tickets booked online via MakeMyTrip.com. The booking reference ids are as under:

FLT00007548804
FLT00007218952

The refund amount for the cancellations was not credited to my account. Inspite of repeated mails, calls to customer care the company has failed to give me a satisfactory reply. The cancellation refund amounts to 12500/- (approx) and the amount refunded to me is only 1178/-

Every time the customer care individuals tell me that the refund has been made but there are no credits to my bank account.

In case the MakeMyTrip.com says that the refund has been generated they MUST supply following details:

1. DATE OF REFUND

Pardeep Dhiman

• Resolution statement

• MakeMyTrip Customer Care's Response, Feb 16, 2010

Dear Pardeep Dhiman,

With reference to your post above, we have details of your refund are below:

FLT00007218952
    Rs. 5177 refunded on October 25, 2009
    Rs. 1178 refunded on December 19, 2009

FLT00007548804
    Rs. 1492 refunded on November 23, 2009
    Rs, 4537 refunded on January 21, 2010

Please note, if the amounts are not reflecting in your bank account, you will need to follow up with your bank directly.

Regards,

Devika Khosla

MakeMyTrip Care

Comments

• Th
      25th of Nov, 2010

Mr Pradeep, that is exactly what they say all the time, follow up with "x" follow up with "Y". They fool people with their sweet words, and keep pushing people from one person to another, strongly putting the fault at either the airline or the customer, trust me they are very good at that.
    This was the first time we booked tickets from Make My Trip . We were issued paper tickets where it was clearly written refundable on the ticket. And they send a mail saying the ticket being non refundable. What does it mean? Why is the money becoming nonrefundable in mail whereas the paper ticket has a printed assurance that its REFUNDABLE. Later, we cancelled the tickets online with Lufthansa. Make my trip claimed that the tickets were nonrefundable. We asked for a change in itenerary and were even ready to pay the extra price of the current value of the ticket, but these clever people charged double that what direct lufthansa was offering at that time, as freshly issued tickets. Lufthansa said 2000+something per person for a fresh ticket and Make My Trip said they have 4000+something per person for the existing tickets. Hearing the price offered by Make my trip we had to say we coudnt afford it and finally went with direct purchase from lufthansa. So you see how they made a huge profit by using a few extremely talented salesman who will keep debating unless you are tired of calling and talking out the same thing over and over, everytime stating the problem from scratch. Finally being tired of talking to them, we sank on the couch, thinking what to do and how to manage another pair of fresh tickets. Because by then we had understood what Make My Trip was up to. THEY ARE VERY GOOD AT ONE THING. PLAY WITH WORDS, BLAME THE OTHER PARTY AND KEEP ASKING THE CUSTOMER TO CALL BACK AFTER SOMETIME, WITH THE ASSURANCE THAT THEY WILL SOLVE IT THIS TIME. ALL LIES.