Maaco / They painted my car the wrong color

United States Review updated:

Maaco in Hempstead, (65 Polk Ave) NY is a rip-off!! I brought my 76 caddy there to be painted BROWN. They painted it GOLD!!! Not even close! They left the door jams, hood and trunk Brown. They want $200 just to paint the door jams. These guys must be color blind!!! Additionally, they lost/stole my mats and broke my convertible top. When I went to consumer affairs, Maaco presented them with documents on which my signature is forged. Not EVEN Close!!! Don't paint your little red wagon there; they’ll paint it green!!! I wouldn't refer ANYBODY to them.
Va

Comments

Ni
  13th of Apr, 2009
Went to Macco in Jamaica, Queens, NY. I had a very superficial (what I thought was a scratch) no dents only the scratch, that I wished to have painted over. The "estimator" inspected the vehicle and determined that the scratch would cost me $450.00 plus tax and that he would need to keep my car for two days. Well, there was no way that I was paying $450.00 + tax to spot paint over a scatch. Long story short I found a neighborhood mechanic that not only reduced the price to fix the scratch by $400.00, but he told me that my car was not scratched, the superficial damage was residue from another car's bumper that I had rubbed against and that the paint was not damaged underneath. For a $50.00 fee he buffed out the scratch in 10 minutes. The car never needed to be painted in the first place. Do you think that the guy at Maaco could have be honest. Truth be told, he could have told me the job was going to coast $100-$200 and I would have probably fell for that, but $450.00 plus tax was way over the top and I knew he was trying to rip me off.

Maaco Franchise Logo Maaco Franchise