Lukoil Gas Station / Overcharge at Pump

1 West Windsor, NJ, United States Review updated:

The other day, I went to Lukoil, as usual. The attendants are familiar with me, as I go there frequently (it is the only gas station that I pass on my way home). I asked for $20, cash, in gas, as I always do (and this guy knows this!!). Instead of putting $20 into the pump, as had always been done before, he MUST have just let it "fill up", because as the gas kept filling my tank, above and beyond the $20 that I had asked for, he made a point to stand there and ask me STUPID questions, to try and distract me from looking at the pump (I realized this AFTER the fact, and concluded that I had been scammed). Still clueless when I was about to pay, I handed him a $20 bill. He said "Oh, did you say "$20?? I'm so sorry". The total was $50.50. I do not usually have this much cash on me. So I sat there and said to him "WHAT?? I asked for $20!!! This is too much for me"!! He was acting like he wasn't thinking right, and oh, he's so sorry. Please, I know a scam when I see one, but what was I to do? The gas was already in my tank, and you can't take it out! People need to be informed of this.

Comments

• Ke
      12th of Oct, 2008
    Lukoil Gas Station - Gas pump starts registering fuel pumped before you start fueling.
    Lukoil/Kwik Mart
    Paoli Pike, Near Rt. 202 off ramp.
    West Chester
    Pennsylvania

I went to gas up my car this morning. When I put the nozzle in my car, the counter stated slowly registering price and amount without me pulling the trigger. It got to 11 cents, when I told the manager, he just shrugged his shoulders. It was pump number 7.

• Wa
      6th of Jan, 2009

LUKOIL passed me a fake $10 bill.. I am sure of it.. I purchased a coffee and broke a $20 when I tried to use the $10 it came up with the mark that it was a fake. I couldn't beleive it. I am taking it back to them and filing a report, let's see how far that gets me.

• Da
      22nd of Jan, 2014

Gas station charged my wife $4.49 a gallon on 1/21/14. Normal gas prices in New Jersey are $3.20 per gallon

• Va
      17th of Aug, 2018

I was at the Lukoil in Lansdale, PA at Broad and Main St on 8/10/18. I have a small car, a Honda Fit. I know after my gas light goes on, I can go 30 miles and when I fill it up at that point, it will take no more than 8.5 gallons. I hadn't gone 30 miles on "E" yet when I filled up at this Lukoil and it went up to 9.5 gallons and wasn't stopping. So, at that point, I stopped the nozzle knowing something was wrong. I couldn't possibly fit 9.5 gallons in my car! I must have gotten ripped off. I'll never go back there again.