Lord and Taylor / disaster

1 United States

The earrings I purchased from Lord and Taylor got tarnished and even though they say it is sterling silver, it did not come off when I used the silver polish. When I tried to return or exchange it, they would not give me more than $8!!! for it because I do not have a receipt.I probably paid close to $30 for it and it is worthless now. I would have never expected this from a store like Lord and taylor. I have called the custoemr service department and they were not very willing to help and were very negative about the possible solutions.So I am stuck qith a product that is not useable and it is not even my fault. It might be a small thing but shows and says a lot about the store itself that they do not stand by the products they sell and custoemr satisfaction is not important at all. The way they handled this was very very disappointing. I would say be very careful with what you buy, dont buy any Lord and taylor brands very bad quality and keep your receipts forever if you want to exchange it.

Ga