Longs Drugs / cosmetics dept manager

BORONDA RDSalinas, CA, United States Review updated:
Was in the store which i frequent quite often despite the higher prices. Had a 19 dollar bottle of hairspray and a couple other products in my hand. I passed by the hair section again and noticed they had high end products. A jar of hair paste caught my attention. At 21.99 a jar, i opened it up to ensure the quality of the product. I touched some of the product on the lid.
Upon doing so, the cosmetics dept manager came up and gave me ablank stare for seriously about a whole minute, I asked if there was something i could help her with and her reply was "your not actually gonna make a purchase are you, i mean you are just opening all the products " I told her i did intend to buy them and she proceeded to say "great thanks now if you don't buy it i cannot sell this" and practically took it from my hand. She said she can't sell products that are open (i opened up probaby 5 products to SMELL and all had been opened previously) I told her her approach to the situation was totally unprofessional. She argued and tried to justify her actions by telling me about women who come in and use lipstick. She asked me what i thought she should do, i suggested putting a sign, her response was "yeah right so people can get offended by that too! ..and where would i put this sign?" i pointed to an existing sign by the products. She then told me how people dont respect her dept and i wouldn't know cause i've never worked customer service. (in which i have for the passed 8 years) She again said "what should i do then" i told her as the cosmetic dept mgr it sounded like something she needs to deal with. She rolled her eyes and said "yeah well im sorry if you took offense" She was very sassy and actually raised her voice. i walked away and am going to take this up further. A simple "can you please not open the products" would have sufficed. It trully is dissapointing becuase of the convenience and location of this Longs which i will not return to and will tell everyone i know about.

Comments

Go
  20th of Dec, 2008
I Agree I Believe She Had One Nerve Left at the End of a Rough Day and You Were On It. Just Like You Said You Deal in Customer Sevice Also and And So have I. I Think She Could Have Been Nicer to You and Handled it in A More Professional Way. Long's Has Lost a Good Customer, and Thats the Bottom Line. And Like You Said Your Going to Tell Everyone You Know, and How About Everyone They Know?

Longs Drugs Logo Longs Drugs