Lincare / Health Care Solutionsthey practice their companies in a unethical and inappropriate manner

M Review updated:

Company takes advantage of their employees and possibly the patients. They practice their companies in a unethical and inappropriate manner.

• T
      May 19, 2017

I have been fighting Lincare/Health Care Solutions for almost a year now with no resolution. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and I was prescribed a CPAP machine. 6 months later I received a bill for $165. Unbeknownst to me, a "pre certification" was needed. Health Care Solutions jacked me around for 9 months claiming that it was my responsibility to request a pre cert and not their responsibility. I was sent on a wild goose chase calling the Sleep Center, my PCP, HCS, my insurance company over and over and round and round. I now only talk to supervisors, but the latest one said she would request a conference call with HCS, me and my insurance company. Days later, I called again and the supervisor said she would request one again. That was a week ago and STILL no call from anyone! Now I am on hold AGAIN to straighten this out. Every time I call I am on hold for an average of 30 minutes. This company is a joke! They constantly screw up and then deny any responsibility. I will be cancelling my account with them after this call unless they can erase/ absorb the bill which is now $285!

• J
      Jun 29, 2017

http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20170628/NEWS06/912314155/Respiratory-therapy-services-Linde-AG-Lincare-settles-US-whistleblower-case. I just called the Office of the Inspector General today, June 29, 2017, on Lincare as they have been charging Medicare for portable oxygen equipment for me that I have been trying to pry out of their hands for a couple months now with no luck. I hope everyone who is a Lincare customer checks their claims from their insurance companies, including Medicare. I live in the Kentucky/Indiana area and this whistleblower case was in Massachusetts so it must be happening all over the U.S.