Liberty Tax Service / overcharged for terrible work
Never go here to get your taxes done. I have never dealt with a worse company and here's why...I had never done my taxes on my own before and wanted to get some outside professional help. There was a Liberty Tax right near my apartment, so I stepped in and had a few words with the ladies working there. They seemed very friendly and competent so I came back the following week.
I asked for a price upfront she said it would depend on my situation. After completing my taxes she attempted to charge me almost 400 dollars, now keep in mind I did live in two states that year, but I own no property, I'm a recent college grad with no spouse, no kids, and only one source of income. I balked at the price and she cut it in half for me, now that should have been my first warning sign, the fact that they could be so arbitrary with their prices. They sent me home with all my documents and detailed instructions on where and how much to send, unfortunately many of the totals they gave me were incorrect. They failed to communicate that with me even though they realized the mistakes they had made. I came to find that their head quarters had a very different set of numbers than I had. I also found out that they had failed to submit my data to another state I had lived in. Not only that by they had charged me an extra fee after I had made very clear I did not want a particular service.
I became irate and demanded my tax prep fees back. They refused even though I had ample proof that they had done a very poor job. However I did not give up. I called their customer service line every two days and sent countless emails for at least 2 months hoping that someone from Liberty would actual try to deal with my problem instead of ignoring me hoping I would go away. BTW the manager actually refused to give me the customer service line number I had to go look it up when I returned home. They gave me the runaround at every chance they could and even 'lost' my complaint twice. Eventually I did get my money back, but wasted a lot of my time in the process. Please save yourself a headache and do not go to this company.
More Liberty Tax Service Complaints & Reviews
- Liberty Tax Service - abuse/fraud against franchise owner 
- Liberty Tax Service - charged to much for 1040ez tax form 
- Liberty Taxes - deceptive business practices! 
- Liberty Tax Service - overcharge & no fee disclosure 
- Liberty Tax Service - bad business practices 
- Liberty Tax Service - about inconsistencies with giving out checks with two people's name to only one person
- Liberty Tax Service - 2017 taxes over charge
- Liberty Tax Service - 4 months later and no return
- Liberty Tax Service - unethical behaviour/dishonesty
- Liberty Tax Service - federal taxes