Liberty Tax Of Grosse Pointe And Roseville, MI / most unprofessional service

Mack Ave. and Gratiot Ave., Grosse Pointe and Roseville M, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 313-228-4565

1-25-10, I entered into contract with Liberty Tax in Grosse Pointe - Owner Don McGlone) for a Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL). I was attempting to obtain my refund money in time to purchase a used car that was available for a very short time.

I was told at that time, both verbally and in writing that I would receive notification of approval (or lack of) within 24 hrs and, if approved, I would receive my refund of $4781 within 48 hrs from the signing of the contract. The fee for such service was $342 to Liberty Tax and $87.24 to a Republic Bank.

Liberty Tax failed to follow through on this contract, as well as multiple promises to call me. When I tried to call the # provided, I was told that there was no phone line into the office at which I had filed my return, and that I could only speak to people at another office, who knew nothing about my file. I was also told that there was a "problem with the computer system at the IRS that prevented anyone from filing anything electronically, " and that was likely why I had not received my RAL within the 48 hrs specified in the contract.

On 1-29-10, I called the IRS directly. The IRS rep told me that my return had never actually been filed, and that there were no problems with their computer system at all. - that the IRS had been consistently accepting and receiving electronic filings since 1-15-10. He strongly advised me to go back and ask for all of my docs, and to inform them as to the cancellation of any contract, which had already been defaulted upon by them. He also provided me with instructions for filing a complaint against them with the Federal Government. After work, I stopped by the Grosse Pointe Liberty Tax office at which I had filed the return and asked for my paperwork, which they gave back to me with no apology or explanation whatsoever.

I have now lost the opportunity to purchase the intended car, and the process of receiving my refund money has been further delayed. I am a single parent on a fixed income, and this has truly caused hardship for me.

Comments

• Li
      15th of Feb, 2010

Dear Shocked and Amazed,
    I am very sorry to hear about the situation you've described above. Liberty Tax Service makes customer service our priority which is why we offer a satisfaction guarantee. Please email us directly at [protected]@libtax.com and we'll be happy to assist you with your complaint.

Kind regards,
    Liberty Tax Customer Care

• Ca
      3rd of Mar, 2011

Why are you people going to these rip-offs, just get turbo tax and pay a college kid to input your info.
    Use last years return if your financial situation hasn't changed that much. If it has go to someone you trust and not these rip-offs.