Liberty Mutual / claims denial
Well, after sitting in front of my computer for about an hour reading consumer complaints, I decided I needed to be heard.
My mother and my sister and I were solicited by an agent of Liberty Mutal, Theresa Butler in the Dallas Fort Worth area. My mother works for a large defense contractor and they offered a discount with Liberty Mutual. The agent assured my family that even though the rates were low that the coverage was exceptional. So, everything was then swithed, home, car...etc. We have been insured with Liberty Mutual for about 2 years now with no infractions.
Last Monday 8/10/2009 we noticed that one of our base boards in the kitchen was wet. We called our handy man to look at it and upon inspection, he discovered there was a leak in the wall. The next morning we called our agent. She said she would have an adjuster come to look. When the man called my sister, his first comment was "Shouldn't I be speaking to your husband about this" **hmf** She replied that she was a single mom and the she lived with her sister (me). He called her back an hour later and said the claim was denied because it was prior damage. PRIOR DAMAGE?? WE CALLED THE MINUTE WE SAW IT. HE HAD NOT EVEN LOOKED AT THE DAMAGE, HAD NOT EVEN BEEN TO OUR HOUSE. After 24 hours of arguing with the claims department, they agreed to send another adjuster out. Again, they claimed that we were not covered for damages that could not determined when they occured. We again asked how in the world we were supposed to see damage IN A WALL? Perhaps there should have been a x-ray vision clause. So we asked what exactly DID they cover. Basically if the house burns down.
We are both single moms just trying to make ends meet and we will never be able to afford to repair all this damage. As it stands right now, we don't have a sink or water to our kitchen.
Now I am in the process of seeking "higher ups" in the Liberty Mutual Chain and I meeting with resistance from local supervisors. How can this company get away with this? How can the agents mislead consumers? It is going to be my mission to get as many people to drop this company. If you are insured, have another company look at the policy and see of you are covered for anything.
More Liberty Mutual Complaints & Reviews
- Liberty Mutual Insurance - workers comp claim 
- Liberty Mutual Insurance - greedy, sneaky, fraudulent giant 
- Liberty Mutual - worst insurance company ever 
- Liberty Mutual - short term disability claim 
- Liberty Mutual - short term disability denied 
- Liberty Mutual Insurance - the customer service the way the interviewer conducted his interview very rudely making presumptions
- Liberty Mutual - fraudulent billing 
- Liberty Mutual Insurance - billing
- Liberty Mutual Insurance - my claim and parts
- Liberty Mutual Insurance - maria j sotomayor sr. claims resolution - direct dial: 407-430-4772