LG Refrigerator / product/customer sservice

1 TX, United States Review updated:

my refrigerator, a LFC23760ST, broke after 6 months and I have been dealing with customer service for almost three weeks to get it replaced. Never buy an LG product. The company won't stand by their products. Customer service gives you the run around and takes forever at responding. The tech came to fix it twice and couldn't fix it. When I called LG to see what the next step was, LG said the tech never sent the paper work in and I would have to wait longer. After the paper work came it had to be reviewed and it would be three to five days before LG would release a new refrigerator to me. When I called a customer service rep. they told me, I should have bought the home depot warranty, if I wanted a new one faster.

Cr

Comments

• Te
      16th of Jul, 2010

My LG side by side freezer ice maker keeps overflowing/leaking out of the ice tray. I'm not sure if the water tube that fills the tray is long enough or the tray has a problem with dumping the cubes. the result is that I get a giant ice block forming like a cavernous stallagtite at Carls Bad Caverns. which ensued another problem. The ice block formed around the rotation motor of the ice dispenser causing stress and working the screws out of the mounting plate/box.This resulting in loss of function to the dispensing/crushing unit. I replaced the screws and dethawed the ice block fixing that problem, but I still do not know why the water drips/overflows as it does. Diagnosing it is hard to do when it operates at a snails pace. Its like watching water freeze. LOL. not funny. Is there any help to this problem?

12th of Oct, 2010

Anyone posting about LG refrigerators, needs to know there are MANY OF US out there. I purchased Model LSC26905TT - purchased in 2007 and warranty expired I was told today Jan, 2009 (2 yrs). Now the fan motor blade started making horrible noise, had HVAC technician I hire in business pull out the part. This cheap plastic fan had five stress fractures in it. It is a piece of you know what. Refrigerator is only 3 years old!!! How can the USA not hold this S. Korean company responsible for the types of parts they are installing in these refrigerators? The ice maker started having problems about the first year and when I began investigating it, found many people incurring same problem. The ice tray in my words overflows into the ice bin, causing a sheet of ice to form at bottom which in turn locks in the metal ring that is used to force the ice out to the front of the door...horrible product...just about every complaint in all models have problems with the ice maker. We did not create this problem LG did. Yet the responsible dept. in USA is not doing a thing to help us get these defective parts made better and or warrantied by LG. No refrigerator should just last 2-3 years. STAY WITH PRODUCTS MADE IN AMERICA...DO NOT BUY ANY APPLIANCE NOT MADE IN AMERICA AND THAT PARTS ARE NOT READILY AVAILABLE. I had to spend hours on line checking with companies to order the two parts and they tried to hold me hostage on the shipping since of course you need it NOW. Then I found out that LG never gave the distributorship to anyone in the Texas area...so that is another problem. City of over 4 million, but no one handlses LG parts. STAY AWAY FROM LG REFRIGERATORS. Wish I had researched the refrigerators more. I am sure it is going to be a roller coastal ride over the years keeping this refrigerator working. They look nice, but do not buy one. Houston, Texas.

• Ms
      10th of Dec, 2010

I have the LFC23760ST and every single bin, drawer and shelf has broken. I can't get any help for this, despite the fact it's only 2 years old. I have never had this kind of trouble with an appliance before. How can you screw up plastic?

• Bz
      14th of Jan, 2011

We have an LG with french doors...icemaker won't shut off when bin is full, cubes on floor, bins and shelves broken. We also had an LG dishwasher, it was quiet, but after 3 years it stopped draining and flooded our floor.

And LG says to live with icemaker (turn it off once in a while) and the washer was eventually replaced by Home Depot. We ended up paying an additiona $150.00 to swap the LG out with a less expensive but more reliable unit.

We will NEVER buy another LG product again...ever.

• Wa
      9th of Aug, 2016

l g purchased 5/25/2016 model ltcs20220 serial #603mrrh 14054 this refrig was noisy from the start went to lowes sales person told me to try for few days see if it would settle down sounds like a car going down highway with flat tire didn t check back of receipt on how long before lowes would take back after two months contacted lowe s first thing said you didn t buy extended warranty contact lg now working with repair people out of charles city iowa the compressor is bad what kind of checks does l g have on there products people at l g in huntsville al sounds like the repair guy would change out about every part before you would get a replacement it looks like you have to buy the extended warranty on all of these products to be safe cheap junk have a microwave an tv that are l g got my fingers crossed