LetGo / seller scam

Canada

I was under the belief that I was buying a brand new iPhone 6s and was ready to pay 400$ for it. I showed up at the meeting place in Kitchener Ontario and saw the phone. Phone looked to be good and I handed over my 400$. The guy left in a hurry. I was told that the iPhone was unlocked to all companies and returned home to find that my sim did not work inside the phone. I searched the imei number to see what the status of the phone is and it is a stolen device. I am very disappointed and upset that I am now in possession of a stolen device and i think that you should give me my 400$ back... for anyone that is selling phones on your site should have to enter imei number to ensure that there is no illegal activity going on. I am very disappointed that letgo does not have security measures in place to prevent people breaking the law and having other people dragged into it. I would like you to refund me my 400$. Please find attached the images of the sellers ad. After the fact I was going to message him only to find that he had blocked me as soon as the deal was made.

Er