Leeds Mattress / Leeds mattress stores = frauds!

1 North Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:

I have now spen t $1000 at the Leeds mattress store in North Hollywood only to be scammed and given the run around for the past two months. The manager there, BOBBY EVERETT lied to us, he sold us a used mattress that smelled like chemicals, ruining all of my bed linens, seeping into my clothing and onto my skin, causing a rash. When I tried to get a new mattress (and paid an additional $200 from the $800 inititally spent, to do so) I received the cheapest hard mattress I've ever slept on. The floor felt better to sleep on. I am still fighting with them to get a refund. BUYER BEWARE these people are crooks!!! As for Mr. Neil Leeds. We have called your phone number and left messages. What a joke. WORST COSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

Comments

• Ne
      23rd of Dec, 2010

I am Neil Leeds and I do answer all of my clients complaints.I never recieved any call from you.I am at 818-759-7211.The factory makes the beds and they are all new.There is time to time a small odor that comes from the foam that goes away after a few days.Your comments to try to hurt our company are not correct and we our proud that with 26 stores and thousands of customers a month we hold a better business rating of A +.That is where your complaint should go if you really do have one.That is why they call it the better busisness bureau.They help if you have a problem with a company.Instead you use a complaint board to slander our company.We will continue to go after people whom may be our competition and are trying to use social media to steer our new clients away, but if you are really a client I have always directly helped my clients.We do not use fraud in our dealings with you.I think you have abused this complaint board in a wrong way.I will be waiting for your call if you really do have a problem.I can share with this complaint board of all the wonderful things leeds mattress stores does do, like go above and beyond what is fair and lose money doing it..all in the name of keeping our clients happy.We always Will.Happy Holidays.Neil G Leeds

• Sc
      24th of Jul, 2012

Neil I tried calling your phone number after seeing how passionate you are about your customer service to discuss a problem I am having on a previous purchase. Your number has no voicemail. We purchased a $4, 000 tempurpedic from Leeds and are extremely happy. I don't understand why people leave these types of messages without going through all avenues of customer service first! Wrong!
    Neil what's the best way to contact you? Thank you!
    Sean Covert

• Ka
      1st of Aug, 2012

Dear Mr. Leeds
    Here is a content of the letter i wrote complaining about the mattress i bought in your store.

In Response to a letter from 07/24/12 concerning the mattress inspection, which has been replaced under warranty on 08/15/2001 (GL20664)
    I do not agree with the arguments given by the inspector, i consider them unfounded and unjustified. Year ago after moving, we had the same problem with the mattress which had the same defect. One year ago we had inspection which was done by the same person. He did not have objections to the bed, which is adapted for this type of mattress. This time after a year, (we did not change the bed), he has objections to the bed. I as an engineer absolutely disagree with the objections and i can prove this by using the laws of physics.
    Regarding the mattress, it has been transported by a professional transporting company just like 3 other mattresses. We own 3 other mattresses for 4 years already and we never had any problems with them during and after the transport. Both mattresses used by us have factory defect, which appeared during the transport. We have not been biased during the purchase, that your mattresses require special type of transport like an "atomic bomb". After checking all the documents for purchase and all the flyers placed on the mattress, i did not find an instruction for special type of transport for those mattresses. Moving company transports mattresses thousands of times and always the same way. It’s unlawful to blame the client for breaking the mattress. At the end i want to note that the same defect has been approved year ago which proves that those mattresses have factory defect that appears during the transport.
    After doing research online i found more information about this type of mattress. If it will be required i will assert my rights in court and i am able to prove my right based on the information which i have. I am sure that this will not be needed and you will replace my defective mattress for which I am asking.

Regards,