LCBO / rude behavior, racism, false assumption

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I am 25 and I went with my boyfriend to the LCBO located at dundas and bay, bay atrium location, at approximate 7:30pm on April 28, 2015. My boyfriend is 27 and he does not reside in Canada, therefore he does not have Canadian IDs. We went to cash with me carrying the alcohol and the appropriate ID ready, the cashier that served us was a large blonde-haired girl of approximately 30-35 of age with Caucasian background. My boyfriend and I are both Asians and the there were signs saying if 25 or under have your ID ready, therefore I did not think it mattered if my boyfriend came with me. The girl was extremely rude by saying he does not look old enough especially when she didn't even ask to see the ID of the guy in front of us because he had a face full of beard and of Caucasian background, and even though I was the one purchasing the alcohol she refuse to let me purchase it. She says I cannot purchase alcohol for minor but I am the one purchasing with my Canadian ID ready to show her. She even refuse to continue the conversation and said "end of conversation" as I was explaining he is not from Canada. I felt racially mistreated because we are Asians so we looked "young" even thought my boyfriend is well over 25. Also she was extremely unprofessional and did not care to even explain to us properly why we weren't allowed to purchase the alcohol even though I was the one doing the purchasing.

Be
Apr 28, 2015

Comments

• Ar
      17th of Jun, 2016

Yeah, they truly are. If you are white then everything is going to be fine at LCBO, but if your are not white then get ready to get humiliated.

• Ar
      17th of Jun, 2016

Yes, they are racist. Basically, they don't like non-whites to come to their store. Sadly we cannot do anything about it.

• Cp
      19th of Apr, 2017

We have the final say, it does not ###ing matter is YOU have the proper ID, the fact of the matter is you are both together, so we know both of you will be drinking, meaning we have the absolute right to ID both of you. IDGAF if your black, Asian or ###ing blue, its my job and MY responsibility to ID anyone I think is under 25, I have IDed 50 year olds who look young AF. Its my ### and my job on the line if I see to minors and YOU ###ing do something stupid when drunk. You are not ###ing entitled to get your way at an LCBO. Please take your liberal beliefs elsewhere.