Laura Ashley / curtains and blinds

1 Woodford Green, England, Essex, United Kingdom Review updated:

We ordered Roman blinds. When the order arrived, some two blinds had the beading missing. Few blind had the wrong colour backing. One blind had beading thread comomg away from the fabric. this was all very poor quality workmanship. Obviously no quality control checks are carried out. We had return these to their head office. By then we were told this fabric is now discontinued and offered us £50 comensation. We could not beleive this.
Their prices highly inflated, and does not offere the quality and service for the price. LAURA ASHLEY IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

Ta

Comments

• So
      14th of Jul, 2009

Yes, I too have had a similar bad experience. I was not happy with some made to measure curtains, before they agreed to let me send them back they sent a representative to my house. She agreed that they were substandard, the interlining is not sufficient, there were errors and they were not hand-finished. They were sent back to be quality assesed.. After 3 weeks they were passed and with me constantly chasing them up they were sent back to me. I then had to go through Trading standards, they sent a representative who was independent and agreed they were faulty. I could have taken them to court, because of all the time it was taking, I asked a curtain maker to re-make the curtains and re-line them at a significant cost. My next step is to go to head office to try to claim back some money. There quality of product and customer service is a sham.