Lastminute.comcancelled airline ticket

Booking ID [protected]
Flight from Madrid to Malaga IB8810 6th Feb 2017

I booked the above flight through lastminute.com. At approximately 10.00am they texted me asking me to ring and confirm the ticket. I did so, but was told that the ticket was fine and there was no need to ring them. I asked several times if the ticket was valid and they confirmed it was. They had also sent me a link by email to print my boarding pass, although I could not do this as I was staying in an hotel and did not have any printing facilities. Later that day I went to the airport and queued at the check in. When I got up to the desk I was told that I was not booked on the flight as my ticket had been cancelled. No reason was given. The only thing I could do was go to the Iberia desk where they said I would have to buy another ticket which cost me 171.00euros. The next day I rang lastminute.com and they said they would look into the matter and get back to me within 28 days. I rang again on 11th April, 18th April and 25th April. Each time they say they will contact me in 72 hours or the last time within 36 hours. To date I have not received an explanation and certainly no offer of a refund. I would like a full refund.

• Updated by oonagh dalton-brown · May 07, 2017

Finally received a reply from lastminute.com, they will not give any compensation or refund as they say it is the airline who cancelled the ticket. Needless to say, I shall not be using them or recommending them to anyone again.

Oo