Lane Furniture / timeless looking furniture that does not stand the test of time

Lane Furniture
I was so glad to see a complaint against Lane furniture.

I, too, experienced severe quality issues with my sectional and bed bench. Please note that these items where purchased at seperate times, and at seperate stores. I can easily believe that this is a problem with the manufacturer, not anything to do with the place of purchase.

The bed bench had a soft cushion top and metal legs. The appearance was classic, however the quality was terrible. The legs bent out and broke within less than a year. The damage was unrepairable. Due to the low item's cost, I did not bother with the manufacturer.

However, around the same time I purchased a $2500 5 pc Lane Sectional. The sections included two recliners, two stationary seats, and a chaise lounge. The sectional pieces never stayed attached. The fabric tore on seams. The recliners do not recline or go back easily. When I contacted Lane I was instructed to submit pictures of the complaints. Their resolution was to send me the same crappy sectional connectors that were the problem in the first place. Nothing was done with the tears or recliner mechanisms. The piece, although it appears nice, has a bad engineered design of it's functions. It is a hazard, I will eat a huge lost just to get it out of my home.

Lane furniture looks good, but it does not last long. I will never buy another piece of Lane furniture.

A  5th of Dec, 2009 by
we are in the same situation with crappy furniture from land from the moment it came into my house. We are still trying to resolve it but all they say is normal wear which i don't understand after 6 months of use.we even had one of their repairmen spray windex on the leather and as he wiped it watched the color come off. He did not even noted it on the form and now we have to look at a seat cover with a big faded streak because lane says it's not their fault.They are the worst and we will never buy from them again.
N  5th of Aug, 2010 by
We have Lane Bedroom outfit, purchased slightly used (6mos old) in 1960. Still looks good.

Pledge makes it look very good.

All my Lane furniture has been excellent, and long lasting.

My daughter still using Lane Coffee tablet we purchased in 1961.

Jim WIthrow