Lady of America / Just want your money

United States, Florida, Miami Homestead Review updated:
Lady of America
Miami Homestead
Lady of Americas is the worst company you will ever deal with. Where should I start? First the membership rep lied to me about just about everything. She also never gave me a copy of my contract, which is also my fault for not asking, but I was young when I signed up and it was the first time I ever signed up for a gym membership. If you have a problem you have to deal with another company National Fitness Financial Services. They are no better. I called to ask when my membership was over and was informed that my last payment would be Feb 2009. I couldnt wait for Feb to come and then March came and no shock to me that I was still being charged. I was now informed that my membership goes to a monthly membership unless I send in a cancelation notice which then takes 30 days so I will also be charged for April. The gym in Homestead, FL is dirty and very small. There isnt even a light in the bathroom. Do not join Lady of America, if you do you will regret it!!! Trust me I had to learn the hard way.

A  10th of May, 2009 by
I have had the worst experience with the one at Miami Lakes but I have no choice but to continue going since they have me stuck on the contract:
1) When I fist signed up I explained that I do not live in Miami on a full time basis and that I needed a month to month. The young girl assured me it was not a contract and that it was month to month. Next thing I know they say it is for 36 months and there is no way out and Carmen, the manager actually said, "Well, you should have read the contract." I guess I should have...trusting the girl who clearly explained it as otherwise is not enough...
2) I emailed Carmen three times and she only responded once to tell me she would be responding to my email. It has been over three months and she has yet to answer any of my emails.
3) I was stopped at the door last month told that my monthly payment was not made. (I am on auto-pay out of my checking account.) I had 5 minutes to run to my trainer session so I told the girl at the front desk I would take care of it as soon as my workout was done. She refused me entry into the gym and said I could not go in until after I paid. I explained to her it must be some sort of mistake because I have more than enough in my account and it always comes out of there but that I had to hurry or miss my scheduled trainer appointment in the gym. She was rude and singlemindedly refused so I had to just go in and do my workout and tell her to investigate the issue and get back to me so I can help fix it. She was so rude and even threatened to call the police on me to get me out of the gym. She treated me like a common thief and I was so insulted.
When I explained that I suspected that the problem was that Washington Mutual was changing over to Chase Manhattan and that they were sending new cards out she said, "No, because you are the only one with this problem and there are other Washington Mutual clients." She actually followed me to the treadmill to harass me, tell me this and then tell me she was calling the police. Wow.
I called the home office and explained the situation.
I also called my bank and IN FACT they said they had sent me a new debit card that showed Chase instead of WAMU. I went home and got the new card, which I did find in my mail box, and called it into the home office.
3) I placed a complaint to Heidi in the home office, who was very empathetic and nice, and she said she would forward it on. She did and later followed up with me telling me Carmen said she would call me back. It has been over three weeks since Heidi told me that and still Carmen has not called me or answered my calls.

I AM STUCK THERE NOW...and I regret it... :(
...watch out.
A  5th of Jul, 2010 by
Carmen is an unprofessional, no class, cheesy, duck face, plastic surgury, hunchback from all the tummy tuck surgeries, saggy boobs unprofessional who gets off on screwing people over with their unbreakable, iron clad, no exeption to the rules contract! She will belittle you and try her hardest to make you feel as though she is the almighty queen of professionalism and gym god. WHen the truth is all she does is sit behind her desk and hide behind Lady of America's ruthless contracts that trick you into almost promising to give them your first born.

Take your money elsewhere. The girls in the gym are young minions fallowing the great big witch of the west and will do anything to make her happy. Stay away... These women have no shame!

Lady Of America Logo Lady Of America