Ladbrokes / casino promotion transparency

Apr 28, 2015
I made two deposits to my Ladbrokes casino account, and accepted the promotional offer which populated my screen. After a couple of hours of playing European Roulette my account balance displayed in game reached £401 from a £100 deposit and upon attempting to cash out I noticed no funds available.

After speaking with a live chat analyst I was told that the terms and conditions state this is as designed, and upon reading them carefully I agree. What I wholeheartedly disagree with is allowing me to use my funds in a game which does not allow me to generate any profit at all, whilst allowing Ladbrokes to make a profit at zero risk.

At the very least, the wagering restriction which is applied when accepting the promotion's t&c's should be displayed alongside the current account balance, or before each spin a warning should be prompted as a reminder that no profit can be made, whilst your hard earned cash may still be lost. Another alternative is that when launching a non-compliant game, only the real money funds should be displayed and the promotional bonus should be withheld.

I will be consulting the gambling commission to discuss whether this is a fair trading strategy or not. I will not make the mistake of using Ladbrokes' services again in future whilst unfair practices are in place, and will ensure that friends, family and any interested media are fully aware of this flaw.

Ladbrokes Betting & Gaming Logo Ladbrokes Betting & Gaming