La Quinta Inns & Suites / terrible room

1 Springfield, MO, United States

(Dear La Quinta, I will post this here since you insist in deleting my posts on the La Quinta page...)
I had to travel at last minute to Springfield MO this past weekend... As a La Quinta returns customer I was happy to find a La Quinta in Springfield and on my way there made reservations. The front desk staff member was very attentive, but informed me that all they had available was a Jacuzzi Suite at a rate of $100.00 per night. This was more than I had planned on spending per night, but thinking that driving for 12 hours there and driving back in less than 48 hours, a jacuzzi may be just the thing, so I agreed to the higher rate...
We arrived at 10:30 PM and were greeted by the same FD clerk that had taken my reservations. Upon checking in we found out we were being charged for an in-room safe... We did not use the safe, but paid for it. I complained about having to pay this fee and I was then told I could complain about it at check out. I travel in my work and this is the first time I have ever noticed having to pay for the use of a safe...
We checked in and decided that we needed some food so I went to the FD to ask for directions to a good restaurant. A new FD clerk was at the desk and all she could recommend were two restaurants that were already closed... Most hotels have more information than this...
We drove around until we found a couple of places nearby and settled on TGI Fridays (you would think the FD personnel would have this info on file since it is only a few minutes from La Quinta).
I had an early morning meeting so we called it a nigh, however we were kept awake by doors slamming from guest rooms and the stairwell door by our door (we were in room 201). In addition to the door noise we had a loud TV in the lobby and, of course, every conversation in the lobby filtered into our room via gaps between the door and the door frame. We could see light coming in on the top and the bottom of the front door with a gap of nearly an inch on top. Clearly privacy is not what this door was able to provide.
In addition to all the external noise we also had to contend with a very loud refrigerator, so loud that we eventually unplugged it.
We also discovered that, in addition to the poorly installed front door, the bathroom door did not fully close!
On our second night we were exhausted from lack of sleep and busy two days, so we were looking forward to using the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was broken! Clearly there had been some recent attempts at repairs as the panel was left partly closed. We called the Front Desk and we were told that "the button is really hard to push"... Well, my wife and I both tried, it did not work.
We spent another terrible night and drove out of the La Quinta parking lot at 8:30 AM more tired than when we checked in.
By the way, we did report all this to the Front Desk (again) at checkout... All we got was "sorry".

Cm