La Quinta Inns & Suites / room is uninhabitable and no wifi

1 Raleigh, NC, United States Review updated:

I live an hour and a half away and decided to stay here bc it is close to my class, and provided wifi. Honestly, it was the only hotel available in the area with the notice I gave, but have never been disappointed with la quinta so assumed the price was a fair Priceline deal, not a reflection or the services or product I would recieve.

I walked into my room and there was a discharged deodorizer can on the floor. I immediately walked out not wanting to inhale chemicals. The maintenance tech removed the can and I returned a few hours later. Honestly, I assumed it was due to someone possible smoking in the room. When I got back from dinner, I could smell vomit.

I went down to see if there was other rooms only to find out the hotel is over booked, and there was no room I could be switched to. But what I found as I sat in the lobby studying vs my quiet room- which is WHY I stayed here tonight. So that I could study in quiet, the night before my big exam. I could have been home with my family in an environment that was semi noisy, possibly smelled like my cinnamon broom and rhat "mom laundry smell". My kids would likely have woken me up many times, but it would beat the sleep I'll be getting in the lobby bc the room Is completely vile.

To top all of this off, I came here to study which I could partially handle in a an environment that has noise; but no wifi?

For real? Now I'm stuck sitting in a lobby, no wifi -my Kaplan learn won't load on my phone, and I really don't know that I can sleep in my vomit smelling room.

Several people have checked in since I've been here, I feel like I wasn't switched bc they didn't want multiple people dealing with vomit smell in their experience tonight.

The kind front desk clerks politely told me a manager in the am may be able to help. The problem is, that will not help me with my studying or getting a good night's rest before my real estate exam tomorrow.

Je