La Quinta Inns & Suites / customer service

1 125 Mercury Village DriveDurango, CO, United States

I recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Durango Colorado. I was charged twice for a night. When I called the hotel she acknowledged that fact but did not indicate it could be corrected. She (Maggie) said she needed to talk to her manager who would call me back the next day. No one called me back the next day. I called the hotel back and got Maggie again. I expected a simple call where the mistake would be acknowledged and corrected. She was very difficult to talk with and accusatory. She said it wasn't the hotels fault that it was booking.coms fault. I'm not sure why she would say that when it's the hotel that has my credit card and puts the charge in. I was not complaining, I just wanted it corrected. She talked with her manager but it was unclear if the hotel did anything to address it. In fact, the double charge is still on our bill. I asked to talk with the manager and she said she wasn't there and would call me back tomorrow. I have a copy of my bill that accurately shows what my charges should be. My stay at the hotel was very nice and I rated it on booming.com very highly. It's unfortunate that one person has spoiled that unnecessarily.

Su