LA Fitness / unauthorized charges
I signed up for LA Fitness in Downey, California and the salesperson never disclosed to me the cancellation process and the '20 day' processing time it takes to cancel. The credit card they had on file was canceled so they charged me 29.99 plus 5.00 because the could not bill the card. In order to cancel I had to physically go and get a cancellation form with a bar code and request cancellation in writing. The girl at the Hemet location said once I paid the 29.99 plus the 5.00 fee it would be canceled.
I gave her a new credit card number for the sole purpose of paying this charge because they said if I didn't pay I would continue to get billed. The girl said this would be the last charge. A week later LA Fitness charged my card $29.99 again. I never authorized my card to be used for future charges. I consider this a fradulent charge. When I called the Hemet location the girl I spoke to said that it takes 20 days for cancellation to process. What a rip off.
More LA Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LA Fitness - confessions of a former la fitness employee 
- LA Fitness - la fitness membership cancellation cheating! 
- LA Fitness - inappropriate behavior at la fitness! 
- Lafitness-Personal Training - misleading/scam 
- LA Fitness - swimming pool 
- LA Fitness International - la fitness instructor debbie at la fitness whittier
- LA Fitness International - poor management of exercise classes in edmonton
- LA Fitness 12410 167 Ave Edmonton, AB Canada - customer service
- LA Fitness International - membership
- LA Fitness International - dirty, gross