LA Fitness / various difficulties

I had trouble cancelling my membership as well -- they really have a scam going to get the most money they can out of people. Yet, when I go to the Better Business Bureau I see they have a satisfactory rating. Everyone who has complained here should send in complaints to the Better Business Bureau.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Er
      20th of May, 2015

This LA Fitness location has horrible customer service. It's a shame the manager Jen hasn't been through a Ritz Carlton class on customer service because this place could be run so much better. As a 5+ year member, I called to try and swap out one of my kids on my family plan since they only let me put 4 of the 5 of us on it in the first place. My oldest is out of the area and can't use the facility. The answer was NO changes. So in the end, they chose to lost the $75+ a month I was paying by having me quit, which makes no business sense whatsoever, especially with the costs of acquiring new members. NO one seems to care and Jen just says, "feel free to call corporate, I'm on the regional committee so I'll get it." So confrontational by implying 'it's not going to do you any good.' Hey, as a business owner I'm just trying to help out your poor policies. It's one thing to scam LA Fitness and try to add a friend to a family plan, but quit another to drop/add a family member who can never use the facility.