KyLinTV / Bad billing practice

I purchased KylinTV service and later cancelled the service on 7/23/2009. Kylin service person told me that once they successfully charge my credit card for the last bill (of $33.98) and cancel my account in their system, they will send me an email for instructions on how to return the TV settop box. I received the instruction email on 7/28/2009 and ship back the settop box. Everything looked smooth at this moment, but there is a catch later. Read on... A few weeks later, I received a letter from Kylin's collection agency named "Saturn Systems" and the letter demanded me to immediately pay $58.98 otherwise they "are committed to use whatever means necessary and proper to secure payment". On 8/27/2009, I called Kylin about this matter and they admitted that there is an internal billing issue that mistakenly failed to charge the last $33.98 bill which caused the problem. Kylin was able to charge $33.98 after they try it again. On 8/28/2009, I called Kylin again to check if the last payment went well. They acknowledged that they did receive the payment. However when I asked them to restore any damage to my credit scores, and make sure that my credit score won't be ruined by this error caused by Kylin, they refused to do so. It is rediculus for a company to immediately direct unsuccessful payment to collection agency without trying to contact its customer first! It is also rediculus for a company to refuse a confirmation to its customer that they will try to recover the damage caused by their own fault.

I certainly would not recommend kylintv to anyone. Their bad billing process and errors will cost you a credit score dents. Their inconsisitent response in customer service will cost you time and money to deal with.

Le

Comments

• Cu
      11th of Feb, 2010

It happened to me too. Don't bother to call Kyntv, Just talk to your VISA company, they will reverse the bills immediately.

• Cu
      11th of Feb, 2010

There is no reason to deal with the mismanaged KYLINTV, just call your VISA company, they will reverse the unreasonable charges immediately.

9th of Jun, 2010

Info about Saturn Systems - ---- Saturn Systems is a bunch of crooks, run by a total dick named Bob Stein. This cocksucker refused to remove this error from my credit and refused to provide proof/validation of the debt. I was sent nothing through the mail by this agency. I cancelled my Wildblue account in late 2006 and was told on the phone that I owed nothing and was paid up. Yet I found out later they kept on charging my credit card. I cancelled my account due to other unrelated fradulent use later, and heard nothing else from anyone. I didn't notice my credit was in collection until I saw that entry by Saturn Systems. i emailed them basically asking who are you, why are you putting an entry on my record, and would you please provide me proof of this debt?

The response? We don't have to prove anything at this time, you didn't respond to our 3 notices, please contact wildblue the original creditor."

I stated "You sent me no notice, I never received any. Why should I contact wildblue while you are dinging my credit??" He got huffy and said "Contact wildblue, this will be my last response to you." [censor]! I filed a BBB complaint which he promptly snubbed and ignored. I'm currently in the process of conferring with an attorney to take this [censor] to court.

This [censor] with Saturn Systems will NEVER see the last of me until my credit is corrected.