KTM Komuter / awful service

1 Malaysia Review updated:

It's all the bad remarks that you can give to an organization; no efficiency, no protocols, no professionalism and of course with an outstanding remark of an awful public transportation service. At least 6 times a day, the train is late, at least 10 times a week you're stranded in the middle of your journey... It's always "we're sorry for the inconvenience" tone with ktmb. All their sorry's are being washed down the sewer. Something has to be done or it's going to cause ktmb great and it's a total humiliation to our tourism industry.

Wake up ktmb, wake up!!!

• Janice Peixin's Response, May 19, 2018

Pls settle ade laki dlm koc wanita ccty no functions or what?

Comments

• Ha
      20th of Aug, 2008

Malaysia KTM... always late...got one time i have wait for the train for one and the half hour.I still can remember because that day was my final exam and in the end. I late for the test, explain to the head program they din accept it, so what to do, have to retake the subject. And some more, Every time everyday, 4pm -7pm the KL sentra is the most many people in the station.. even the train reach the station the some of the people cant get out from the train, because of the people scare they cannot take this train and they don't wan to wait for the next train so they push push non-stop until their are in the train. In the train, a lot of people, the train don't have air-con. make people so hard to breath in the train.why cant the government spend some money to buy some new train. Please don't delay, no more technical problem...

• Si
      15th of Sep, 2008

What would you think!! If the capacity of the passenger become bigger, the schedule should be change from 15 minutes to 10 minutes.. not from 15 minutes to 20 minutes.. Could you imagine..if the train delay, we have to wait another 20 minutes (40 minutes just for waiting the train) and this is not guarantee that we can go into the train when it reach the station.
    No aircond.. sardin, fiting, pushing each other, headache, angry people.. complaining every day!!.. Cant KTMB think that this situation is dangerous to old, pregnant, baby etc..
    KTMB.. Don’t just thinking, please settle it, do it, no more delay.. !!
    More passenger, more money, can buy some new train..

• Fe
      21st of Oct, 2008

we regret to have to complain about your KTM courier services. We call many time, your courier services to pickup our parcel. But your staff didin't record our booking for pickup. At the end your staff said didin't receive any call from us. Unfortunately, there have been similar delays on serveral previous occasions and their increasing frequency in recent months us to say that business between us cannot be continued in conditions such as these. We hope you will understand how we are placed and that from now on we can rely upon punctual completion of our orders.

• Ke
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I just wanna tell about what had happened to me. I wrongly bought a tiket that should be from btg benar to kl sentral but on the ticket written from btg benar to bandar tasik selatan. An unmanner security guy at kl sentral stopped me and rudely asked me why am I cheatting.I said I didnt realized it but he still said I'm cheating!! So in order to let me go, I was force to pay RM10. What is this ### about?? I pay the ticket but he said I bought it from the machine. Damn that man!! I'll never forgive him!!!

16th of Aug, 2009

The KTM always delay and delay until year ago still not improvement... Like this fews day incident that happen even in the early morning 6.00am the train go to sentul is delay or most properly is cancel without any announcement. The situation now is like when ppl wait at KL sentral to go home and can't wait for next train and keep pushing to get inside the train. The scenario keep happen in the evening, and now is start happen in the early morning.

The KTM almost got 20 yrs history and it should be come more and more advance.But the situation is total different. Hope the KTM management can keep a serious look at the matter.

25th of Aug, 2009

All this UNefficiency and UNprofesional ethics are related to the KTMB staff . if you guys happen to personally complain to them. They will shoo you away. For example, the HR Manager, En. Zulkifli Ismail. I had the chance to meet him at the railway station in Bangsar while waiting for my train. I told him that so many complaints have raised about the lateness of the train. He was quite upset and told me ..".if you complain about the train...get an express bus, its faster and stop complaining..."...Wow...what a show off and arrogrant ###..just because I am on his ground (railway station)..he can shoo me off...or maybe I am a Chinese...
    KTMB got to be more matured and custome driven...not pampering some stupid staff that tarnishes KTMB..
    I used to take trains from Penang to Ipoh before...but now...I'll think ..and think ..and think..

To En. Zulkifli (HR Manager)...I know you have many problems in hand...but mishandling a client is non-ethical... grow up or leave KTMB and go home ..balik kampung with your train..and see how late can you arrive... Chee Hong.. (remember me..the one in black shorts and thick glasess??)

• Ka
      25th of Sep, 2009

KTMB services is the worst train in history. It is dirty, do not take into consideration the amount of passengers that use the train everyday DURING PEAK HOURS (definition of peak hours - between 7am-10am ; between 4pm - 7pm) and they basically do not give a ### about their passengers. Normally from 6pm onwards, the train is filled to the brim that even though i know i'mm probably faint from lack of air, i have no choice as i cannot imagine waiting for another hour when all i wanna do is go back home. I have been using the ktm train services for about two months now and only 8 times the damn train came on time. every other time, they will postpone from 8.03am - 8.23am. So obviously the 8.23am train will be delayed for another 20 min and so on and so forth. This is bloody ridiculous. Their standard of service is so bloody appalling, i wonder who the hell is in charge there to monitor the train condition and the timing. How come monorail can maintain their 7 minutes per train and they came about way later that this stupid ktm. Have someone who is capable and care about ktm and about the public at the helm. Learn from monorail how they keep their train clean, almost always on time and the frequency of train is great. Incompetency and refusal to take into account customer satisfaction will be your downfall. Why don't you guys from ktm take your own train and see how frustrated you will become wasting precious time everyday bloody day waiting for a bloody train.

• Fi
      15th of Mar, 2010

my ticket was forfeited this morning because i miss my station at Jalan Templer..i was planning to stop at next station and return then 1 of the worker come over and i was fine RM10 for missing 1 station.is there any rules that passenger that miss 1 station will fine for RM10..he say he could fine me RM30 for this.i have no choice and pay him RM50 he say he dont have any small changes and he say he want the RM50.i was angry and then he take me go 1 more station further to get RM10 from his colleague.
    i have been calling KTM customer services for an hour..no body pick up any call.

• La
      19th of Jan, 2011

When the KTM management going to take action?? Working people going through really a tough time during peek hours. I dont understand how train can be delayed two three times during peek hours specially between 6-8pm. How can this happen atleast change the timing, let the train come 15min once like monorail and LRT. Its totally unsafe travelling in packed train where all will be pushing each other to get into the train. Government have budget for this every year so please use it for public benefit and improvise the service. In this situation how goverment want to encourage people to take public transport?? Make a change KTMB!!!

23rd of Jan, 2011

KTM need to buck up!! It is late everyday. Due to unknown reason and technical problem - the trains cant reach on time and delayed almost 2 hours. And minimum twice a week. Why you still selling the ticket when the train has technical problems. And by right, there must be a refund as we unable to get into train and to take bus instead.
    WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS!!!??? KTM Komuter should not be categorized as public transport as it is not reliable.

• Og
      3rd of Aug, 2011

Why there is no one makes complaint here especially those take "KTM" to their workplace? I really disappointed with the "KTM" service, I took the train 6 something in the morning but 7.45am only got into the train some more "I were pushed by crowded foreigners to get into the train". I know you all lazy to work! If you all dun willing to work then just close your train service that's is. if everyone late because of your service, you really wasting people's time and money and "FXXK U", you make our boss blame us because they never use your service and thought that your service is very efficient. shuttle train for what? you all arrange shuttle train is for fun is it? why during peak hours i dun get any train at all, u want me to post your timetable that stated "berkuatkuasa 14 mei 2011" for others to see how efficient you are? You want me to teach you how to improve yourselve? those famous area like kl sentral and midvalley you don't arrange a shuttle bus specailly for it, instead of adding the station until sungai gadut and wasting the travel time. Please learn from "Rapid KL " ask them to teach YOU ok? oOo go hell!

• Kt
      19th of Sep, 2011

[censored] KTM service... what a [censored]ed up experience.. Everyday late to work due to the [censored]ing KTM issue. No point having early train at 6.00am and its cancelled most of the time. why other train service do not have this problem and it only KTM.. If its once in a blue moon the passenger can be patient but very often happens. IF U [censored]ING IDIOTS DOESNT WANT TO WORK PROPERLY, DONT LET THE PUBLIC SUFFER TOO. Not all the boses will be like KTM company boss k. We are not working for free. the company is paying us and we cant efford to go work late everyday. Due to this [censored]ing issue, we cant spend time with our loved one and always having problem. KTM always a problem.

• Wa
      10th of Nov, 2011

This is the 3rd day in November 2011 I late to work. As usual ktm won't apology and informed us why train delay or cancelled. You will always hear the same tone announcement " the train to sungai gadot now at kluang station".
    Was wondering why Malaysian pay so much tax for this extremely bad bad service to this kind of public transport. Lots of compliant but never ever has improvement! Getting more secondhand train will solve this issue? No! It's not! We still have the same problem if ktm don't change their staffs attitude!!!
    How malaysia can be a better country if we do not have who willing to listen to compliant and improve in the service?

• Ir
      13th of Feb, 2012

time ktm is always delay, effect the citizen rush time went to work and school...we pay the money but not get a good service such as not air-cod and not good management of time . this situation can effect the customer "pangsan". if the customer have asthma or anaermia, their wil pass away . this reason can happen because not air-cod and add with many customer in the train epiacially full... In addition, if the time was delay 5minutes, still looks just okay, but the time delay about 10minutes until 30 minutes, what the mood of customer think !!! please lah, , , i hope the ministry of transport can upgrade transport service ktm just like LRT ...

• Je
      26th of Jul, 2013

a lot of scamming around ktm, they claim to have lucky draw. and bring you to withdraw money. Uses big companies like jusco to make them credible. The company names they are unders are like arena marketing, sonic in enterprise. I was sop stupid to go to their office.

• Sh
      26th of Aug, 2013

Please. PLEASE!! The staff have a good PR please. Some of the staff pr really s*ck down to the drain. I am not going to said who. I dont give a [censored] if you're senior or newbie. Please respect the customer than only we can respect you. We are customer. Respect! This is the first time I am so mad cause of the pr you guys had. Sick of it ok!!! Please change. Don't be racist for the malay worker.

• Sh
      26th of Aug, 2013

I am saying a lady. In subang station. Please have good pr. Thank you. hope God bles you soooo much.

• Fi
      13th of Jan, 2014

As a sole operator for intercity trains around Malaysia, KTMB must change their work ethics. Firstly, if there any additional coach for a certain sector of journey (e.g: KL- Hatyai), they must make it in advance (at least 3 days before journey) so that customer can decide whether to wait or not. Then, their customer service/ booking officer seems to be hard to call and sometimes they tend to be unfriendly to the customers when they pick up the phone, without saying any greetings like 'selamat petang' or else. Lastly, I hope they will change themself before no one wanted to use them anymore.

• Ih
      15th of Jun, 2014

everytime i go to KTM Rasa, the touch n go machine always not available? When i ask about it, the worker is talking to me with rude ways! always! and i dont understand, there already a couple months, still they dont want to fix the machine! Yet, the worker not always been there and sometimes he is sleeping until i feel wanna break the glass only to wake him up!

• Va
      2nd of Jul, 2014

Terrible customer service. KTMB hired a bunch of useless and rude staff. I wanted to enquiry about i-card discount, asked a malay guy at the counter about it. He took a piece a paper and mumble and then I asked him if it was a 40% discount, he straight away told me " you DIAM, you DIAM, You DIAM DIAM bila I cakap! "
    What kind of customer service is this? KTMB never train their staff well. So disappointed with their service. I wanted to write a feedback to the customer service online, but apparently the feedback column is just for decoration, u cant write anything in it. What a joke.