Kroger / barry powell senior co manager / rude and abusive language / unprofessional behavior

1 Olive Branch, MS, United States Review updated:

On Saturday, November 5th I was in Kroger @ 7427 Goodman Road Olive Branch, MS and asked to speak to a manager from the Floral Department. The young man went and got Barry Powell. (Senior Co- Manger). I asked if the roses could be discounted because they were somewhat brown. Barry Powell who is a Senior Co Manager reported to the young man that he was not going to tell him to discount anything. I asked him to talk to me and not the young man and that I was the customer. He told me " I Don't care who you are?" HE then walked away. I then told him that I didn't care who he was. He then walked back and brushed past me almost touching my stomach and chest with his side arm., and told Marcus, "You see this is what happens when you talk crazy to them. (with my husband standing there). He then grabbed the flowers and handed to the young man and said, "here man take your flowers and put them up." I asked him what was his name he snatched a card from the flower bowl and said, "here it is my name is Barry Powell and you have yourself a God bless you day (very sarcasm) I then asked to see another manager and was told that he was the one in charge. I then walked off and went to the front of the store to see the manger's picture. I called the store's phone and was told that John Rodriquez (the Store Manger ) was there. I spoke with him and am currently waiting to here back from him. This man Barry Powell seems to have a problem with women as I felt very uncomfortable with his remarks of "this is what happens when you talk crazy to them" and I am very concerned at his behavior and his training of the young man Marcus who is the Supervisor of the Floral Department. I am requesting a verbal apology from Barry Powell and I feel that he should be suspended for blunt and direct intimidating behavior to me as he was training his employee. What a negative and horribly bad example in customer service.

Pa
Nov 9, 2016

Comments

• Pa
      9th of Nov, 2016