Kraft Foods / fig newtons

We have been trying to figure out why Fig Newtons have gotten so sorry. They are now made in Mexico.

They are smaller, advertising of twice the fruit is false (small print when compared to a Kelloggs strawberry nutra bar ... duhhhh), cookie falls apart, has hard objects that will break your jaw, scorched almost black and tastes like crap.

I guess Kraft thinks sloppy preparation and quality control is worth the profit or lack of since we are not buying anymore. I hope the bonuses received by the upper echelon of Kraft is worth screwing up what was once a good American company.

Va

Comments

• Yo
      17th of Jan, 2009

I worked for Nabisco for 20 plus years. I have seen the quality go down hill since Kraft bought them. The ounces have been cut (In most cases by 2 oz.). I nolonger buy Nabisco products either and what people need to know is that the quality went south after Kraft bought them. Next time you are at the market please take that under consideration before buying Nabisco and ALSO KRAFT.

• Fi
      6th of Oct, 2009

I have also enjoyed Fig Newtons for decades but can't get past the reduced quality. They are smaller, crumble and recently Kraft changed the packaging so they sit for weeks in a plastic tray. Now they also taste like plastic. I here that super target has a good replacement for them.

• Cw
      12th of May, 2017

@Fig Newton mess The perverts are like republicans, it's only about money and ripping the American people off

27th of Nov, 2009
    Kraftfoods.com - Food worms
    Kraftfoods.com

The Macaroni and Cheese Dinner, Serial Number 02100658831, with an expiration date in 2010, had little brown food worms in the box. Needless to say we were very disappointed and had to toss out the macaroni & cheese. The product was kept in the food pantry, in optimal climate conditions. We have photos of the actual worms but didn't have a way to upload them with this complaint.

• Ri
      25th of Feb, 2010
    Kraft Food - Beware
    Kraft Food

This may be trivial to some but I am disappointed in the recent quality of Nabisco Saltine Crackers (Kraft Foods). Every box I've bought in the last few weeks is terrible. You cannot even pick a cracker up without it crumbling, much less try to put butter or another type of spread on it. I took a picture of the latest pack we tried to use. About 80% of the crackers crumbled as we picked them up. I've used this product for over 40 years without complaint. Now I think Kraft has altered the recipe to either save money or to make additional money and quite frankly the product is no longer usable. I did send a complaint to Kraft and to Consumer Reports.

• Av
      30th of Dec, 2010

I haven't bought fig Newtons is a while. They are not the same quality. I only buy Fig Newtons by Nabisco because I could count on them being fresh. This time - - they taste old. They crumble and fall apart like they are old. They were packaged with some of them laying down in the container. Not sure what happened but it is not the same.
    What a disappointment. The price is always more and I use to pay it because it was worth it. Not any more.
    Nabisco...will you fix it?

• Wu
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I bought a box of packaged Fig Newtons last week (2/16/11) and although the box was the same size the miserable @%&#*! at Kraft had the guts to put their shrunken packages of Fig Newtons in the same size box.
    It was kind of like they were saying "Up yours bucko. We don't care if you know what we're up to. We're not only going to shaft you by selling you less, we're going to shove it in your face so we can save money by using old boxes."
    But guess what, I'll be buying another brand from now on.

• Ob
      2nd of Feb, 2012

This is one of the most disturbing ads I've seen! Scaring little kids is NOT funny!

• Vi
      12th of Feb, 2012
    Kraft Foods - Temptation commercials scaring kids
    Kraft Foods

All of these commercials are absolutely unacceptable! I have an 8 year old daughter and she has a wonderful sense of humor, however, these commercials are not the least bit funny. They are scary and make no sense. What loving parents would say or do such things to their children. It's absolutely absurd! I refuse to buy any Jello products, in fact, any Kraft products until you come to your senses and my friends have agreed, as well! You must see that you could have gone in a much more sensible direction - come on!

• Do
      7th of Mar, 2012

Cheese package was not sealed properly and I am dissatisfied with the product.

• Bi
      4th of Mar, 2013

I recently purchased a 14-oz package of Fig Newtons after not buying them for quite a while. I used to eat them as a child and teenage, and they seemed much better than they are now. I don't know what happened to the product. The cookies seem to be a lot smaller than they used to be and seem to have less filling. The dough part also seems to be drier or less tasty. Then the company has the gall to advertise on its package that it has been making Fig Newtons for 100 years. Maybe so, but they are surely not as good now as they were 50 years ago. Kraft/Nabisco is not the only company that has "downsized" their products. Some candy makers are selling smaller-scale versions of their candy bars and trying to fool consumers that way. But these Fig Newtons are particularly bad. I wish Kraft/Nabisco would just stop making them if they refuse to do it right.
    I will look around to see if there are any other brands that are better than the so-called "original" Fig Newtons. These are truly awful. Don't buy them.

• Bb
      5th of Oct, 2015

I purchased two 12oz real fruit Newtons packages as I do every two weeks since I was 25... 40 now. The packages have the quick pull tab making it easy for someone at the place of purchase to open and take some while replacing top concealing their theft and leaving the consumer, me with missing newtons and freshness issues. This has happened to me twice in the past 2 months. Expensive product that can easily be tampered with in the store and manipulated to appear worthy of purchase. I threw them away and shopped at a different store afterwards.

• Ok
      9th of Nov, 2015

I just purchased the Baked Apple & Cinnamon Newtons. I have always loved Newtons- except the Fig variety. I would buy the strawberry & they wouldn't last two days. Today's purchase was a complete let down. I am beyond disappointed in the obvious size reduction of the bars. The "pastry" part was lacking in any flavor as well. I will go back to buying market/house brands, if I buy any. I am quite tired of manufacturers who assume we are all ignorant and do not notice package or product sizes changing (much like what has happened with every major cereal brand in the past 10 years).

• Le
      14th of Dec, 2015

The Fig Newtons I grew up with and enjoyed are no more. Gone are the sweet, soft, chewy fruit filled cookies. Replaced by ones having tough, dry, and course texture. The fig filling is course and gritty. The cookie is course and crumbly. Nabisco needs to bring back cookies using the high fructose corn syrup and drop the whole grain.

• Ro
      11th of Feb, 2016

i just now noticed that it is made in Mexico. What?!?! is anything made in America anymore? no wonder there's a huge unemployment rate in the u.s. I agree with some of the comments, lots of companies have reduced the size, and increased on price. Probably quality as well. Deflation of product and inflation on the price. Its very disappointing all around.

• Ps
      2nd of Aug, 2016

Just returned a package of Fig Newtons to Publix and got a refund. They were dry, stale?, no taste. Will never purchase again.

• Gr
      8th of Aug, 2016
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Yes. I've now seen the reduced size (20 count), smaller package. I was a loyal customer until today when I saw the same price for a reduced size package. The quality was okay, to me, but - Nabisco has lost me as a customer. I've moved on to other reduced fat snack alternatives. Too bad (not for me)... And yes, I know many companies are doing the same thing, but guess what - I no longer buy those products from companies that do that either.

• Do
      22nd of Aug, 2016

The plastic wrapper does not come away from the cheese freely. If you are not careful, you can overlook small pieces of plastic that may stay on the cheese slice.

• Db
      30th of Aug, 2016

Hey Kraft, Mondeleze or whatever, sell your incompetence someplace else.

• Ti
      13th of Oct, 2016

Quality has become second rate. Stems and seeds in the filling. Higher prices for less quantity and an inferior product. From now on generics for me, same quality and more quantity. No differentiation that would cause me to pay more

• Ru
      7th of Nov, 2016

Just another case of corporations screwing us up the butt. It's the way of the world now. You get less for more.