Kohlspaperless billing

J Review updated:

In September 2012 I signed up for paperless billing. Somehow Kohl got an invalid email address because the "l" was dropped from gmail making it "gmai" . I never got the bills but Kohls never notified me by phone or regular mail until I was over 60 days delinquent. They reported this delinquency to the credit agencies hurting my credit score. For ten years I never missed a Kohl's payment until i went paperless. I know their bills bounced back because when I used that incorrect address to test it, it bounced back to me. The collections dept. sent me a letter and I called. The first rep admitted it was Kohl's mistake but when i asked the supervisor to change their report to the credit agencies I received a letter saying it was my fault. I provided an invalid email address. They did remove one of the late fees as a "courtesy" but I am more concerned about my score. I can not believe they would do a loyal customer this way. All they have to do is look a the way I faithfully paid my bills over the last ten years. I will miss the store because it had some good deals.

• T
      Dec 29, 2012

I feel your pain. People like tasha12 are the ones you who were dealing with your account. You can understand why they hit your CR. I guess for small people it's too much to expect Kohl's and it's tasha12s to use some brain power and place a courtesy call to you thus, "hey your bill payment was late, any reason? Wen can you fix it?" That's why they won't miss any small people but luckily we can vote with our feet. And kudos to you for voting as such! I certainly would not want Kohl's tasha12 et al to miss me.

• T

tasha12
    Very funny response. You are quite the jester! Get your a$$ of your shoulders!

FYI:I'm in fact, happier than a bucther's dog being seemingly a credit card-less child in your eyes, anytime.

"Thinking I work for this bank..."
    What bank? Kohl's is now a bank? Good gawd! Clearly comprehension is not one of your strengths.

Now care to point for the people where I said you work for ... you alleged Kohl's Bank?

• J
      Dec 29, 2012

Wow my review has really been busy today. Anyways here goes.

They are saying because I had bad credit and because this is the third time that I did not pay my bills that is why they reported me. I have had this same problem before with them but they understood my explaination and let it slide.

th!sman

I am not a child and I don't need you to embarrass me and stick up for me. I can fight my own battles so if you are going your little Boy Scout deed do it for someone else because I don't need a babysitter. As a matter of fact I am old enough to be your father. I have been on my own since I was 17. In ten years I have only missed a Kohl's payment three times and all this time it was their fault for getting the email address wrong. I made a typo and did not add the "L" in gmail but they should have figured this out. Guess they are as dumb as Tasha12 and th!sman. Also what is wrong with the "I" key on your keyboard. Are you like 12 or something only a child would user ! instead of l.

• J
      Dec 29, 2012

Tasha shut up. They say this is the third time this has happened that I missed a payment . I have been a customer with them for five years and only missed three payments. This is their fault for not fixing my typo.

th!sman I am an adult. I am 40 years old. I have been living on my own since I was 17. You may think you are doing your Boy Scout duty for sticking up for me but you are not. So get out okay. Stop embarasing me. I can fight my own battles and don't need you to do a favor and stick up for me. Also what is wrong with your I key. What are you like 11-12. Only an 11 or 12 year old would replace ! with l. You are not my mother so don't fight my battles. Like I said I have paid my bills find over the five years I was their customer and I have only missed three payments.