Kodak easyshare C653 / Failure to work

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

I went to the KODAK webchat and begin chatting with ammabell r. I informed her that my camera Kodak easyshare C653 was not working that a blue screen kept appearing saying that my memory card was locked so of course in the begining I assumed it was the memory card so I bought several different memory cards and to no avail the camera still has the same blue screen that says memory card is locked as I am telling her about this she asked me when was it purchase I tell her july 29 2007 same days as the original memory card ... She goes on to inform me that it is past the warranty and that a flate rate fixing fee will apply if I send it in to be fixed ... There is a internal problem with the camera and I honestly feel like the folks at KODAK just do not care about the problem they are costantly looking for new customers and more money but are willing to keep the ones they have satisfied .. They are not showing any effort to correct the problem and only thing she advised is re formatting the memory card and I explained to her that I cant get past the blue screen.. I can not afford to buy a new camera and I have been a loyal customer to Kodak for the past 9 years I was buying only there products cause I felt as if they were the best I no longer will be purchasing anything from KODAK and I hope they lose more customers from there disrespect to there customers and not taking our concerns serious enough to try and compensate for there BAD PRODUCTS.

Ej

Comments

Ri
  14th of Apr, 2009

I have Easy Share on my computer and can't get rid of it. It experienced a problem installing and you can't unistall it until it is completely installed. Installed there "Clear Utility Program to delete Easy Share. It doesn't work either. Now I have two Kodak Programs that don't work. Customer Support is non existant. Run as far away from Kodak as possible.

Ch
  1st of Nov, 2012

I too had problems with Kodak's easy share software on my computer. I was successful in removing and re-installing the software, but when I did, it started re-writing values in my computer's registry. After I reformatted my computer I went out and bought a new Canon Power shot camera. I will never use Kodak again. They don't manufacture or support cameras any more. Kodak only maufactures printers