Kmartincorrect item shipped, customer service refusing to help

I recently made a purchase on Kmart.com on January 4th for a TV wall mount. When I received the item on the 7th, it was the incorrect item. I called Kmart customer service and was told that the correct item would be shipped and the incorrect item would be picked up when the correct item is delivered. I was told that I would receive a confirmation email within 24-48 hrs. On the 13th, I had still had yet to receive the correct item OR the confirmation email. I called Kmart customer service again and was told that there was no record of me calling on the 7th and that I would have to pay to ship the incorrect item back in order to get a refund. That is not what I want nor am I willing to pay for return shipping. I want the correct item that I ordered. Is that too much to ask? After speaking with two levels of management and an hour on the phone, I still was getting nowhere. I requested that the original item be sent to me first and UPS can pick up the incorrect item just as I had agreed to on the original phone call. I was told that I would receive an email within 24-48 hours and after more than 48 hours, and guess what, still no email, still no correct item.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Sierra Vista, AZ Is there such a thing as customer service any more? ALL I WANT IS THE ITEM I ORDERED! On January 17th, I received an email stating that they were "still working the issue" and to allow ANOTHER 3-5 days for a response. It's been 7 days already and you guessed it, still no response, still no correct item.

I went online again with the online chat on 1/24 and the only thing they would suggest was a refund IF I paid to ship back the item.

I have called multiple times, emailed multiple times, and even online chat through Kmart.com. Why can't I just get what I ordered without a month of problems and NO ONE DOING THEIR JOB?

I'm not ordering this TV mount as a redecorating look, I purchased the TV wall mount as my children are now at the age where they can climb and I do not want an 80lb TV falling on them. The item I ordered was specific to non-VESA TV's, which is what I have. A standard wall mount found on the shelf in just about any retailer will not work as they are too short to reach the mounting holes on my TV.

This isn't a matter of principle on getting the correct item delivered to me, but a matter of safety for my children.

Send me the item I ordered. (order number [protected])

Jw