KLM / expired food

1 China Review updated:

On my flight KL 0893 from Amsterdam to Shanghai on 3rd of August I was served expired food. The breakfast was actually served on the morning of 04 August and the expiry date was 02 August. I do have the breakfast box as evidence with expiry dates and flight related details printed on it. This caused me inconvinience and is a potential lawsuit as I do have all the evidence with me. I did inform the flight incharge and the KLM check - in counter in Shanghai upon arrival in Shanghai.

I would like KLM to compensate me for this inconvinience by at least providing me five free round trip tickets to Amsterdam from Shanghai or else I would bring KLM in the court of law which could potentially lead to a much larger claim

Comments

• Kw
      16th of Oct, 2008

While it is somewhat odd to have a two-day old breakfast being served, was the food itself actually and/or visibly off? Perhaps the label was incorrect or faded. It really doesn't sound like much of an inconvenience; why did you not just ask for a different breakfast or point this out to a flight attendant? I fail to see how this can be made into a lawsuit, especially seeing that you were not harmed in any way.

Furthermore, FIVE free roundtrip from Amsterdam to Shanghai for a mildly off breakfast!? That's very excessive! I don't see that happening; I'm guessing that's quite an expensive trip, and I doubt that an airline will spent several thousand dollars on a single passenger who was not satisfied with his meal. I would expect something more along the lines of a written apology and/or a duty-free or drinks voucher, at most.

I'm sure you don't mean it this way, but this sounds less like a complaint and more like an attempt to get free stuff from a big airline.

• Si
      1st of Dec, 2008

hahahahahahahahahaha

are you fcuking serious!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think you should win the prize for biggest [censored].

• Go