KitchenAid / poor customer service

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I was recommended to use A&E by KitchenAid. My icemaker stopped working so I scheduled an appt for 6/20/2008 for repair between 1 and 5 pm, I received an automated call the day before to confirm. I waited at home (canceled office hours to accommodate them) and they canceled at the last minute (3:30pm). Multiple managers could not help me to get an appt to fit my schedule. They spoke to my wife and she rescheduled an appt on a saturday (7/5/2008) between 1 and 5. Again, we received an automated call the day prior and spoke to a representative TWICE on the day of the appt. When we called to see when they were showing up, as no one had called us, we were told the appt was made incorrectly. This was at 6:30 pm. Again I spoke to a manager, Tonisha, who could not help me but said she was sorry. She actually suggested that I contact another company to repair our unit or reschedule for a third appt.
Let me also say that after my wife had made the 2nd appt, the company called to say they were coming on another day that we never scheduled.

I WOULD NOT recommend this company and if KitchenAid steers you their way, ask immediately for another company. They do not communicate properly from the central office to the local office and when I ask if they could contact the service tech, they could only email him or her.

It seems the service tech just decides to cancel any late appt because they want to.

Comments

7th of Jul, 2008

I had the exact same problem with my ice maker and I have had two appointments (6/26 & 7/2) where we were stood up.

• Na
      15th of Oct, 2008

I have just built a new home and purchased $13, 000 worth of top-of-the-line stainless steel Kitchenaid appliances (french door counter-depth fridge, dishwasher, countertop stove, double wall oven, microwave-hood and Whirlpool waher/dryer. As we are building the house ourselves, we have fallen behind schedule and are just getting around to installing the dishwasher. The diswasher is missing the brackets to attach to the kitchen counter. When I called the customer service department, I was disconnected three times. After spending more than an hour and a half on the phone, I was told that I would have to purchase the missing parts because they only supply such missing parts 7 days after purchase. Sadly, the $9.35 that it will cost me to purchase the brackets has cost Kitchenaid a lifetime customer. Never again will I ever purchase anything from a company that has such blatent disregard to their customers. As their customer service hotline was so busy, I can only assume that they have a lot of disgruntled customers out there.

Also, the double wall oven doesn't even come with a broiler. This accessory has to be purchased separately! Nickel and diming doesn't come close to making your customers happy, especially from such a large company.