Kirby Vacuums / Kirby sales tactics solution

Okay, I have read many experiences of the Kirby sales tactics and here are my solutions

1. If you want one go on ebay and buy one, the older ones like the Sanitronic and The Classics are still good vacuums. And 2000 dollars for the Sentria? Try 800 on ebay.

2. If you already have a kirby just simply tell the salesperson you do

3. If that doesnt work say you've worked for the company before and you know what he/she is trying to do

4. If that doesnt work just simply tell them "If you do not vacate my property willingly I will call the authorities and have them do it for you"

Va

Comments

• Ro
      23rd of Mar, 2008

I bought a used kirby from a door to door sales person which was a big mistake. It doesn't pick up as good as my old vacuum from walmart. I paid 1000 dollars for this piece of crap. I feel that it should be illegal to do high pressure sales in that manner. They tell you they are going to clean your carpets for free and send out nice innocent looking girls to get you to say yes, then once the man comes in the door he won't leave and wont take no for an answer. It turns out his manager is sitting outside in the car waiting and if you dare say no he calls with a better offer. You finally say yes just to get him out of your living room. I was having a weak moment and gave in but I really didn't want to. It turns out my instincts were right I never should have opened the door. I am going to complain to the corporate office and I will send a report of my experience to the BBB. I am in San Diego. If anyone else has had this experience please let me know.

26th of Apr, 2008

I am an employee of the Kirby Company and have been for two years. I completly disagree. Unfortunately, there are consumers all over the world with horror stories from vacuums, to cars, ect. On behalf of the company I would like to apologize to all those who have had bad experiences. For 96 years we have worked off word of mouth advertising and if we were so horrible and our vacuums dont pick up dirt, do you really think we would still be in business? Not to mention that we have been around longer than any of these other brand names. I think not. In my two years of working for Kirby I have never come across a machine that does half of what the Kirby does. And it lasts longer that all the vacuums at wal-mart put t0gether. My biggest question is that if you bought a vacuum from us and you know it is under warranty then why dont you people bring it in to us if something is wrong and let us fix it for you instead of complaining about how it doesnt work. We are the only cleaning system on the market with a warranty like we have. Or maybe you guys are just cheapskates that bought one off e-bay and wonder why it doesnt work and why the Kirby company wont honor or fix an illegally sold system. My dad has had his Kirby 32 years and it works great. We have a 96% customer satisfaction rate and are a fortune 500 company. As an employee and a Kirby owner I am completely satisfied with the product and would never in my life use anything but a Kirby...

• Sy
      28th of Apr, 2008

I agree with the first comment, after finding out the REAL price for the vaccum i decided i didn't want it anymore.
    They wanted me to give my vacuum as a trade in which i'm glad i said NO.
    After sending the cancellation form within the 3 days grace period, i had to call the store to make sure they received it even though I sent it express delivery and received a confirmation from a post office.
    The girl who answered the phone refused to give me her name and said "The manager was out of town" and he was the only one allowed to check the mail.
    My thoughts were "This girl is full of crap!" but i decided to give them a couple of days just to give them the benefit of the doubt; waited almost a week, no one called me back.
    I called the store back and again the person who answer the phone refused to give me her name and said "ALL" the managers were in a meeting and someone will be contacting me soon, i tried to explain to her this was the second time contating them and that i had received a letter from the financial services telling me i was soon to received a payment book, she was rude and kept cutting me off, she said not to worry about it and then hanged up on me.
    I'm still angry for the way i was treated, so i decided to called the financial services to let them know I received their letter and I was not planning on paying for the vacuum, I explain to her the whole situation, after being asked many questions, I received the same response.. WE will call you back to let you know the status of the situation.
    STILL WAITING!
    No wonder consumers have lots of issues with this company, they tell you one price and then charge you differently, I was very naive to believe what they were telling me ;
    as soon as they left i made my own research and WHAT A DISSAPOINMENT! This Kirby worth $800 and they are selling it for $2000!!?? What a RIPOFF!!

• M
      5th of Jul, 2008

they sell it in Azerbaijan for $4500 can you believe it? And they lie that people actually buy it! someone with the monthly salary of $400 buy it and pay monthly for 3 years? I do not believe that people here in Az. will pay this much for a vacuum, maybe the very rich ones would.
    It is a rip off. I wish everyone kew the real price for the kirby. Buy the way I read comments and every time it is a different real price for it. in Wikipedia enciclopedia it says $175! Some say $300, some $800. Maybe those who sed to work for kirby before could say the real price??

• As
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Distributors buy them for 550 w/ income protection.

The side of the box is 1395

The lifetime warranty is really a lifetime rebuild warranty, but it totally worth it.

Buying off ebay is illegal. Kirby will not honor a thing on your 800$ efake sweeper.

If you pay cash they will sell it for 1000.

If you want one, you'd be wiser to cut a check or use your own credit card.

Their finance company (united) charges 23% interest.

It's damn near impossible for the salesman to make much a profit off of them.

They work their salesmen 80+ hours per week.

The salesman do not get lunch breaks, nor are allowed personal phone calls

The only time salesman can use the bathroom is in a customer's house.

They are fed empty promises of wealth.

Very few actually make it in the buisness.

They are forced to knock on doors passed 9pm.

I used to work for them and worked so much I never realized my 5mo old could roll over, until one night she rolled off my bed, face flat, onto the ceramic tile floor.

I only ate at best 1 meal per day, from 7 eleven. Then later found out I was pregnant, living off that.

I never even made enough to pay for my daughters weekly daycare.

You pay OOP for everything, it's a "tax write off" but I never filled out tax forms...

A coworker once had sex with a customer during his demo of the machine. Not just him, but he and his manager. Though, it was consentual.

The way they treat employees is inhumane, the way they treat some customers is down right dirty.

BUT they are the best darn vacuums on the market. even my 11yr old g4 is still amazing.

28th of Jul, 2008

I just left Kirby company two days ago and i must say that's one of the best decisions i've ever made.

Saw Ad on Craigslist for $2000 a month guranteed customer service position

Interviewed next day.Accepted on that evening. Excited to go to the training the next day.

1st day training, saw the demo. Told appointments are pre-made. Told about $250 commission per unit sold. Told to sell at $2700 per unit.

2nd day training. Hands on experience to demo the parts. Practice. Found out no taxes needed to be filed. Promised lots of income. PROMISED PROMOTION WITHIN 60 DAYS.

Day3. Told to bring a unit home.Demo in front of family and friends. Told to call "supervisor" . Make $1000 per unit sold in commission. SAW THE $1300+ MSRP price tag at the side of the box and began to doubt. ASKED THE MANAGER ABOUT THE HIGH MARKUP. Company insisted they bought at $1300. Left the training place immediately.

I feel bad for those people in my class who are really looking forward to sell some of this stuff, not knowing the real truths. Oh by the way the distributor in my area makes enough money to buy a home next to a superstar with all the tricked out mansion and a private jet. I hope they can sleep at night.

• Ry
      6th of Aug, 2008

Well i dont know what happens over in america with the selling of the kirbys but in the UK you always have a basic salary to fall on if you dont sell, which is £1200 GBP. Which in dollars at the moment would be approximately $2400, If you make more than this in sales you therefore get that salary instead. So everything is good for me because i would never wrk on a commision only wage.

• Br
      19th of Aug, 2008

I also was told that i can make $1600 a month $400 a week if you do 15 show/demos but they didnt tell u that their is no way to get the 15demos in a week.when u are knocking on doors maybe 1 out of 15+ houses let u in.I left my house at 7:45am and didnt get home most nites untill 1:30am-2:30am if it was an early nite.. i sold one kirby and made $100.00 in 3 weeks ... so now i owe all my monthly bills...

and the Factory distribuitors i think buy the kirbys for $350-375.oo U.S money and they sell for between 2, 199-1, 100ish so the salesman can make only between-$50-$600ish for top and lowest.so if you are a single guy or have a big bank account and can afford not to get a pay check for atleast min 2 or 3 weeks on avg than Good luck with kirby but if u have no bank account and have kids/wife dont do it if u think your crappy job now give u stress try coming home at end of the week with no check and see how it go...but the vaccumes are the best in the buisness

• Du
      23rd of Aug, 2008

Ive been working for Kirby for two years. It is the best decision I ever made. I make about twelve hundred a week and I wouldnt do anything else. kirby makes the best machines on the planet bar none. if your buying them online this is illegal, plus its used. people have no basis for complaint. also if you do get it for less than two grand your getting one heck of a deal. count yourself lucky. Furthermore the kirby will ultimately save you far more than the $2, 300 PRICETAG.

• Je
      28th of Aug, 2008

hey i only worked for kirby one day and i was very excited. My manager and the main boss kept telling us how much money we would make. My boss who currently is in Orem named Roger said he has a multi-million dollar house one of the biggest in his neighborhood he said he drives nice cars and loved selling kirbys but he was 65 yrs. old so if he was so rich why didn't he just quit selling them right? My manager said he was loaded also like he was wearing a $7, 000 watch but if this is such a good oppurtunity why don't people stick around? I mean i trained with 9 people if this job was so good why would they need so many. So if your just starting do what i did and get the hell out.

• Ph
      13th of Oct, 2008

i have been a kirby distributor for 20 yrs.as instructed by the kirby co. i never offer a pay program that is not attainable.whenrecruiting i only invite people to come aboard that i feel have the basic people skills to sell our product.when they first start out we explain to them inorder to make a decent check they need to put in alot of time until they develop their selling skills.most will develop those skills within that 30 days.thebiggest problem isee with new recruits is they give up before they get good enough to make good money.any one who goes thru3 or 4days of training and then quits within the first week alot of times is the kind of person who probably fails at most things.people that stay with the co.in some cases eventally rise toa position that gives them a 6 figure income.

• Pa
      7th of Nov, 2008

I have been working for kirby for 6 months i am from australia the kirby retails at $4000, average full price saleis $3800 for basic package, most people pay this as the machine saves an average of 50000 grand per every 10 years if you take everything into account . i get paid between $1000 and $2500 a week as i sell multiple machines a week as for health concerns and cleanliness concerns the customers know they need it and we work out a finance option to suit their budjet. if they do not pass credit or do not pass average sales requirement we will not allow a finance option as customer cant afford it . unless they pay cash or credit with proof that wont affect their state of living. As dysons are the best vacuum you can buy on a retail market and are sold between $800 and $2200 and have a lifetime of 3-5 yrs with a 1 year optional warranty i can see the worth in anyone buying the kirby as the dyson vacuum cleaner is about as useful as sweeping your carpet. Just if you want to know i have been a canvasser, a dealer, and a team leader. i actually recently demoted myself back to dealer. if any new kirby dealer has any questions please e-mail me at Patz_bak@hotmail.com.

7th of Nov, 2008

i worked for kirby for 6 years and loved every minute of it, kirby is the best product around on the market and always sold lots of them . it was not my choice to leave kirby i always worked dilgently and efficiently however the distrubuter in acsot vale victoria didnt do the right thing by me, i was working in the country (warrnoobool) anyhow i had too go home early from the monthly long trip and has a family issue that needed my urgent attention and got fired for going home early .go figure . i was dps, contoller, team leader, and dealer who had promise of being a TD early next year, i loved the kirby opptunity .
    i still want to open a kirby office even though i have been offered a good job and doing study by cooerspondance, i would give that up because i believe in the opptunity .if there any kirby offices out there who want a excellent kirby person then send me a email. thanks

• El
      15th of Nov, 2008

hello, i live in azerbaijan, we have house, and we need this kirby, and we found it in azerbaijan, but price 5000$, i am not believe, could you advice me, what should i do, i can pay 800$ cash.

19th of Nov, 2008

I have to say I have been working for Kirby for about 2 years now. I am 21 years old and making more money thatn my mother who went to college for 8 years. I never lie to a customer and I dont try to push myself on them. I am upfront about everything from the beginning. I tell them what exactly I'm going to do and that there is no obligation for them to buy anything. You would be amazed at how many people are receptive towards honesty. I sale an avredge of 6 vacuumes a week and have gone to the bahamas won many cool prozes and so on. Kirby treats their employees right and its not just off comission here. I am guaranteed a $500 check every week regardless of if I sale something or not. Bad week, still have 500, good week maybe more. All I can say is that if you dont like the Kirby then you dont like a clean home. Its a small group of people who is giving kirby a "bad" name. Thats with any buisness. Go to a used car dealer and see if you dont get "pushed". yet you still go and the go to others. Look at the big picture and stop complaining.

26th of Nov, 2008

My partner and i worked in the kirby company for 4mths, having family and friends saying that its got to be a scam don't work there. We ignored everyone and went ahead working there anyway, not knowing what we were up for. We were told all theses good things, bonuses, up grades, big money (NEVER SEEN A CENT!), we were never payed for our long, hard and tiring work. We started early and didn't finish until midnight. We were told that we had to go on a work trip to dubbo, one of there so called most top selling places (LOAD OF CRAP!) never got a cent when we were down there.
    Still waiting for our money, and we will not give up till we get it!
    To all thoses who dont want to fall for a stupid advertisement make sure you research there background first.

Your's truly someone who got scamed.
    sam.

• Ga
      1st of Feb, 2009

hi everyone i recently left kirbys in long eaton in derby after only 12 days of working for them, i was promised a basic of £1200 a month plus a commission of £300 a sale plus a petrol allowonce of £100 per week, wot a LOAD OR CRAP !!! after paying for my petrol out my own pocket and showed reciepts, asked the company for wot they owed me got told that i hadnt done enough sales and wasnt entitled to anything, so i decided to keep the hoover until im paid wot im owed is this okay to do ?

• Ki
      1st of Jun, 2009

Kirbg and their authorized dealers is a pure sales opportunity. Indeed if you don't have any sales experience, the Kirby opportunity might just be the ticket for you. But you have to be honest with yourself. If you aren't a salesman, or not inclined to sell, or have an interest in selling you are wasting your time as well as the time of the people attempting to teach you.
    I have sold many, many, machines and can personally attest that there is NOTHING in the world that can compare to it for picking up dirt in your home. Nothing.
    It is encumbent upon YOU to determine how you are paid, when you are paid, and what you need to do to get paid. I've never been dissapointed to receive my pay when it was promised to me.
    Do you think that anyone is going to pay you for not selling anything? Even the 60 demonstrations that you are required to perform to get your salary is designed so that even an imbecile with no sales ability can market these machines. Having said that, should you get no sales after those 60 demos, you get paid 100% of what was promised. Why? because it's impossible to NOT to sell driving those sales attempts, impossible.
    I recommend that instead of complaining about the process, buy into it and learn how to sell. Why quit your first week and then grouse about the opportunity? You didn't have any particular skill when they hired you, but they gave you an opportunity with a plan for success. At the end of 30 days you'll KNOW how to sell AND have a chunk of change in your pocket.
    It is a fantastic opportunity, especially in this hard economic environment. Might not seem so to the casual observer, but these machines are flying off shelves into peoples' homes. It's due to the superior cleaning aspects of the machine. It's something that delivers on it's promise.
    It's something that if you didn't see for yourself, you wouldn't believe. That's why they are only sold (legally) through home demonstations.
    The greatest tragedy is a sweeper sold through big box stores or through million-dollar ad campaigns on television for a piece of crap machine.
    When you match what you've bought at the box store or through some online pitch to the Kirby, THAT'S when you know you've been had.
    The Kirby is an All American machine that fulfills it's promise as the best machine of it's type in the world. I challenge anyone's sweeper against this machine. The Kirby will destroy it. Not compete; destroy.

• Ye
      19th of Jun, 2009

### that. I've been working for the past week and a half as a canvasser and it is the hardest thing I've done in my life. I wake up at 9am and go to work at 10:30pm. I get home around 9:30pm and haven't made a freakin' cent, though this week (Today is Thursday.) I've knocked 5 people in. idk. I haven't decided if I want to stick, it's hard work..BUT I will tell you. A Kirby REALLY is the best investment you'll ever make. Those vacuums are worth it. People are just closed minded. I'm in Texas, it's humid and 97 degrees outside. It's hard work, but if you can make it work...you've got an awesome job.

• Kn
      15th of Jul, 2009

### kirby

### solicitors

last time they tried to come to my house the guy and his manager actually came inside soon as my wife opened the door and started taking their equipment out and demonstrating to her.

They asked where I was and said it was good I wasn't home so that they could show her the vacuum without my pressuring them to leave over $

Little did they know I was around the corner listening to every word; last thing they saw was the business end of my revolver, they ran out pretty quick. YEAHHH BOI!