Kenmore Front Load Washer / Washer Leaks during wash cycle

Jersey City, NJ, United States Review updated:
My front-load machine would leak whenever I would wash a load of clothes.

We scheduled a service call in early March (2008) when the tech came out he ran the washer on the spin cycle 6 times and told me there was nothing wrong with the machine.

When I tried to do laundry a week later I still had the same problem of my machine leaking. So I scheduled a call for Friday March 21 from 1-5pm. I got a call around 3pm telling me the tech got an asthma attack and had to go home. The next available appiontment was for today, Saturday April 5 but now they tell me 8-5pm. So I wait. Only to get a call at 1pm telling me the tech went home sick.

Called to speak to a manager and the only that could be done is to give me another date now April 15th from 8-12 so again another day off work. I can't tell you how upset this makes me. Such a bunch of crap!

Comments

Vi
  5th of Apr, 2008
Sears will tell you anything to get out of trying to settle your complaint. I bought a 13 inch tv set from them about two years ago. It had a 90 day warranty, but just before the 90 days were up the tv stopped working. I started trying to get help from Sears Customer Service.

I couldn't get anywhere calling the store, so I called headquarters in Chicago and was told there was nothing they could do. I kept calling every phone number for Sears that I could find. But no one could/would help me.

When I finally got some little executive type in Customer Service he did not want to help at all. I told him I had spent about eight months trying to get a resolution to the problem and if I couldn't get any help from them I would take the tv set back to the store and if Sears was going to make me pay for a piece of junk
posing as a tv set that they just may as well make me pay for a plate glass store window because I was going to put the tv set through the window instead of walking it in through the door.

With that I got resolution.! He told me to go ahead and take the tv set back to the store and he would personally call that store and tell them I was returning the tv set and and that I was to be given full credit. When I walked into the electronics dept every one in there knew my name.

I spent a total of NINE months dealing with Sears.

Never again!