Kenmore / Discoloration between burner and stove top!

Phone: (732) 458-3612

I purchased a Kenmore electric oven / range about 5 years ago. I also purchased the appliance insurance to cover any repairs that may have been necessary. Approximately 18 months ago I started to notice discoloration between the left front burner and the stove top covering. I contacted the sears representative and upon speaking with her she told me that I may have put a heavy pot on the stove. I explained that I am 72 years of age and I do not lift heavy pots. Sears refused to send any repair man to look at it and said I had to pay for it.

I called on several occasions in an attempt to have someone check my appliance. Each time I am denied a repairman. Several months after this incident I was contacted by a Sears representative to renew my appliance insurance. I explained to them that I will renew the insurance when they come to fix my stove.

Because of this poor treatment I no longer shop at any Sears stores.

Comments

• Jk
      11th of Jan, 2015

Not a "heavy" pot...a WIDE pan is what they said. Yes, a pan with a reflective metal bottom, that is a lot wider than the burner, heated hot enough, can discolor the surrounding stove top. My cheapo 16" aluminum-clad frying pan actually discolored stainless steel.