Kenmore / Poor Quality
I purchased a Kenmore Model 5263200 (Frigidaire ) side by side refrigerator for $1135.53 on 7/30/02. It had a 5yr warrenty from Sears. After two years the Sears repairman had to replace the compressor. Parts warrentied but it cost me $235 plus tax for labor plus $300 in spoiled food. Three years after that the compressor went again and the service call was $81.28 plus another $300 in spoiled food. The Sears repair said it would cost me somewhere over $700 for a new compressor because my warrenty expired a couple of months prior.
When I emailed Sears, there was response was more or less "too bad, you should have purchased an extended warrenty". If I knew that this was a lemon I would have done so. I believe that the first repairman did not seal the tubing properly and the freon slowly leaked causing higher than normal temperatures.
More Kenmore Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - Beware! Don't burn your house! 
- Kenmore / Power Miser - Sears's faulty product 
- Kenmore Refrigerator - Kenmore Refrigerator causes house fire 
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - No cold air in freezer 
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - Do not buy Kenmore products! 
- Kenmore - kenmore elite washer
- Kenmore - double oven
- Kenmore - wait time/ broken speaker
- Kenmore - top loading washing machine
- Kenmore - 500 series does not clean clothes