Kelvinator / Trays/baskets rusting

1 North WestStilfontein, South Africa Review updated:
Phone: +27714734833

Bought dishwasher February 2012. Started using it a month later. In January 2015 I noticed the bottom tray started rusting and shortly after that the top tray as well. I lodged a complaint with Kelvinator. Somebody phoned back and told me that I should have used cleaning tablets in that specific model. I used the normal dishwasher salt, rinse aid and dishwashing powder. This was not specified on the packaging or in the accompanying leaflets and instruction manual of this machine. My common sense tells me that the plastic covering the metal of the baskets can't handle the heat the machines element generates. Thus getting brittle, breaking and with the water inside rusts away. I want to buy new baskets now but after two requests the ignore my question of how long the new baskets will last and what exactly I should use in this machine. These baskets are costly, I can't replace them every 3 years. And Kelvinators Logo: "Kelvinator is for Keeps". They should really get a different logo - it is not the truth.

He
May 12, 2015

Comments

• On
      13th of May, 2015

Dear Hettie Kotze

We are sorry for the experience you had. Please write to us about your problem with your complaint ID, at write2us@vgmail.in and we will put all our efforts in trying to help you out.

Regards,
    Online Team
    kelvinator

• On
      20th of May, 2015

Dear Hettie

We hope your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Please feel free to give us your feedback at write2us@vgmail.in.
    Have a nice day.

Regards,
    Online Team
    Videocon

• Li
      13th of Oct, 2015

I have exactly the same problem and also someone in our area has the same problem. How does this happen?

• To
      6th of Mar, 2016

Am in the same boat ... will not but Kelvinator again