Kay Jewelers / mislead!

1 Colonial Park MallHarrisburg, PA, United States Review updated:

While taking my engagement ring for repair, I spotted a pearl and diamond pendant and earrings set perfect for my upcoming wedding in August 2009. I asked how much the set cost and the salesperson looked and said $600. I must have looked disappointed as she quickly added that if I was interested, I could put the set on lay-a-way and then purchase the set during an upcoming "VIP" event where I would get a discount of at least 30%, perhaps even better. Doing some rapid math calculations in my head, I decided this made the set affordable. I was quite surprised when I put $80 down on the set and discovered that when warranties and other charges, the set was now closer to $800! However, I was once again assured that a fabulous discount would be offered. I was actually excited the day of the VIP event and really looking forward to picking up the set. However, even with the $80 lay-a-way and so called big discount, I would have still owed $589!!! Stunned, I told the salesperson to put the set back. To Kay's credit, they did refund my $80 - but I was heart-broken over not getting this set which would have looked perfect with my wedding dress.

Comments

• Pr
      22nd of Jul, 2010

That wasn't being mislead, that was just bad math on your part. To get 30% off of $600, it would end up costing $420, PLUS the warranty and taxes which would be about $150 more. That would be the correct price without any misleading information.