Kay Jewelers / mislead!

Colonial Park MallHarrisburg, PA, United States Review updated:
While taking my engagement ring for repair, I spotted a pearl and diamond pendant and earrings set perfect for my upcoming wedding in August 2009. I asked how much the set cost and the salesperson looked and said $600. I must have looked disappointed as she quickly added that if I was interested, I could put the set on lay-a-way and then purchase the set during an upcoming "VIP" event where I would get a discount of at least 30%, perhaps even better. Doing some rapid math calculations in my head, I decided this made the set affordable. I was quite surprised when I put $80 down on the set and discovered that when warranties and other charges, the set was now closer to $800! However, I was once again assured that a fabulous discount would be offered. I was actually excited the day of the VIP event and really looking forward to picking up the set. However, even with the $80 lay-a-way and so called big discount, I would have still owed $589!!! Stunned, I told the salesperson to put the set back. To Kay's credit, they did refund my $80 - but I was heart-broken over not getting this set which would have looked perfect with my wedding dress.

Comments

Pr
  22nd of Jul, 2010
That wasn't being mislead, that was just bad math on your part. To get 30% off of $600, it would end up costing $420, PLUS the warranty and taxes which would be about $150 more. That would be the correct price without any misleading information.

Kay Jewelers Logo Kay Jewelers