Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation / Poor bus service

1 India Review updated:

I am a frequent traveler by KSRTC busses on the Bangalore – Kanchipuram route. I had booked a confirmed return ticket from Kanchipuram to Bangalore for 25/02/2007 by KSRTC bus at Ramya Associates, Bangalore. The ticket No is 1686392, bearing PNR No.Z14939444 and Tripcode 2300KCPBNG.

The bus with the aforementioned trip code was scheduled to depart from Kanchipuram at 23.00 hours on 25th Feb. 2007, when I reached the Kanchipuram bus stand at 10.35 p.m. on 25/02/2007, I found that the bus was not available for boarding at the bay and continued to wait for the bus near the bay under the impression that the bus had not yet arrived. At 11:45 PM when I inquired, I was informed by the people that the bus has left at 10.15 p.m. as the bus was full.

I had a bad time traveling back to Bangalore as I had to board an auto to reach the White Gate at Kanchipuram Highway, then took a bus going to Vellore, from Vellore boarded another bus to Hosur and finally took a bus to Bangalore from Hosur. The entire journey between Kanchipuram to Bangalore I have traveled standing. I had a sleepless and a tiresome night.

I request you to answer the following questions keeping the above aspects in mind:

1. How can the bus depart before the scheduled time of departure without a passenger who is holding a reserved and valid ticket?

2. Who is responsible and would compensate for all the trouble that I took to reach Bangalore without any fault of mine.

3. Who will bear the extra expenditure that I incurred to reach Bangalore?

Comments

• Ra
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] - Amount debited twice but booked one ticket
    Bangalore rural
    India

While booking ticket from Bangalore to Coimbatore on 10/10/2018 amount debited twice

Transaction Reference No.: OB33527805
    Total Ticket amount.: 833

Transaction Reference No.: OB33527920
    Total Ticket amount.: 833

Pls refund my amount back to my account

• Ra
      12th of Nov, 2018
    KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation) - Rajahamsa executive KA 42 F1228
    India

From Shimoga to Sagar, the normal fare is 60 rs. Why 110 rs. for a Rajahamsa? For a person who is travelling lesser distance will be charged more in KSRTC. What is the logic behind this pricing?

14th of Nov, 2018
    KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transport CorporatioWn) - Ticket was not booked but money was deducted. No refund done.

complaint number 8893.
    no refund done.
    Ob number------------------OB21581087

• Su
      19th of Nov, 2018
    Awatar ksrtc - E ticket
    BANGALORE

I have not recived the ticket

• Ba
      19th of Nov, 2018
    KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation) - Refund of cancelled ticket
    Bengaluru

Pnr no:H60209096
    Trip kalaburgi to gangavathi
    Ticket has been cancelled but amount not refunded