Karate AmericaRip off

Karate America is a total rip off!! When you first sign up you have to sign a contract which is not a big deal. I will pay the $180 a month but the problem is NO ONE ever said anything about all the added expenses that are beyond ridiculous.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Jacksonville, FL You have to pay for every belt, uniforms, weapons, ATA membership and I can keep going and going. I am looking into getting an attorney to break this contract based on information that was withheld. Parents call ATA...ATM because it never stops.

Comments

• Kr
      May 13, 2011

As I read most of these complaints, it is almost comical to see the Karate America reps reply. It makes me wonder if they all have black belts in dishonesty. I have been going to the Krav Maga school, and paying good money to do so. I have not seen my instructor in over a month. He has "Instructors in Training" who have been doing Krav slightly longer than I have. I hardly think being instructed by students is worth what I am paying. I tried calling to see if we were going to a certified instructor and was told that our instructor would be back in May... well, it's may... he is not coming back. Karate America is a scam, all they want is your money, they do not care about you, they do not care about your kids, they just care about money. They make you buy all their equipment saying it is for insurance purposes, but really, they just buy it from Revgear and mark it up. Rumor has it Karate America is so far in the hole that this is the only way they are going to stay in business, but who knows if it is really true. All I know is that if I have to base my opinion on their product I would believe the rumors to be true.

• Ka
      May 17, 2011

In Response to KravMaster

First, we apologize. We have been having scheduling problems with the chief instructor. He is finishing his semester in school (which ends May 20th), and his assistants have been running classes when he is not able to be there. The chief instructor has assured us he will be running all classes starting Monday, May 23rd.

If you would please contact our office, we can give you options—either putting your membership on hold or cancelling (with no cancellation fee). We sincerely thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    Karate America Employee

• Lc
      May 31, 2012

Dear Broke Parent: my recommendation, if your child still wants to learn martial arts, is to look for an instructor who does NOT teach Karate full-time - that's the teacher who does it because s/he loves it. The fees will be so much more reasonable. I LOVED Karate, and was blessed to have 2 amazing instructors. I blew out my knee, and have not been able to go back...