Just Energy / lies

1 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I phoned Just Energy FOUR times in April advising this company of my move and confirming details to switch my account from St. Paul to Edmonton. four out of four times I spoke to four different representatives and was advised and informed of four completely different pieces of information! After receiving my first bill, I noticed that the new tenant at my previous residence is now linked to MY account, meaning, I am paying for TWO residences for power AND gas. When I phoned to clear this matter up, I was informed that two of the representatives documented that I DID NOT ask that my move be processed, as well as other hideous things that I DID NOT SAY. I corrected that in fact, the second to last individual confirmed that I had phoned well within my two weeks of cancellation period and that my services would most definitely be cancelled as of MAy 01st as well when I contacted this compay again in May, the last representative confirmed that MY SERVICES HAD BEEN CHANGED. Just to have this representatie today May 15, 2013 tell me that this is all my fault, to cancel the other residence will be from 2 weeks to 45 days, and call me a LIAR! When I tried explaining my last four phone calls she threatened to "disconnect" the phone. How is it that I am now paying for two residences when I phoned FOUR TIMES ONE MONTH in advance to ENSURE that my services were changed and the details were correct??

Ki
May 15, 2013

Comments

• Mo
      18th of Oct, 2012
    Just Energy - poor customer service
    Just Energy
    Alberta
    Canada

We signed up with Just Energy Jan, 2010. Our mailing address is different from our house or service address. I filled this out on the sign up forms and told the salesman about the two addresses. I expected to have my bills mailed to my MAILING address, but it didn't happen. Over the next 27 months, I called them 11 times to try and get my bills mailed to the correct address. They did manage to get one bill to me and a very nasty letter threatening me with lawyers if I didn't pay my bill. I told them I would pay if they could manage to get a statement to me as I wanted to see an actual bill. Finally they set up the online bills which have been mostly reliable. I've read all the horror stories from people who try to terminate their contracts and think I may just ride it out, BUT it would definitely be my preference to say good bye to Just Energy and go with a different provider. DO NOT USE JUST ENERGY. Their electricity rates aren't too bad, but their gas rate is consistently significantly higher than the past almost three years we've used them.

• Au
      21st of Oct, 2014
    Just Energy - Every 8 days calling me
    Just Energry
    Carmangay
    Canada

Just Energy keeps calling me every right days for full payment on account every month around 220$ I am a single female on medical EI I live alone so there is not all the lights on at home and when I an gone some where I don't have any lights on how can they say I am use ing way to much power. Two years ago I had six people living with me and the bill was cheaper. And as for calling me every eight days. I had to block there calls. Every day I get annoying calls from them at they start calling at 6 am in the morning and sometime four times a day. I can only paid once a month because I have a mortgage truck and house insurance and berally any money for food. The odd time I can pay my phone bill that's it so just energy just buzz off you will get your money in time they wouldn't like it if I called four times a day.