Just Eat / fraud

1 Glasgow, Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom Review updated:

I've have just had to reclaim £170 from my bank as my card was fraudulently used on your site to order food. I am certain that this wasn't me as I was in hospital at the time of the purchases. The amount was spent over a period of several days.

I am furious that someone was able to access my card details on your site. We trust that you are careful with our details and that we can use your site with trust.

As a result, I have deleted my card details from my account and don't think I'll ever be able to use your site again.

I am appalled at this situation, as I had to sort it all out from my hospital bed, having just had an operation. It was extremely stressful.

Please acknowledge receipt of this email and advise me as to how you plan to address this breach of my trust and security

Clare Crane
ceecee0111@gmail.com
[protected]

Ca
Jun 23, 2018

Comments

• Am
      12th of Jul, 2018

I have had the exact same thing happen to me very recently but not to such an extreme- card was used to buy 67.50 worth of food! I hope Just Eat aren't going to be ridiculous and refuse to tell me the address to which the order was delivered, given that I paid for the greedy losers to eat it! I don't recall ever having ordered takeaway from here anyway, very strange. I hope you managed to resolve the issue.

• Ju
      18th of Jul, 2018

Hi Clare,

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear you've come across unknown transactions on your account, and we're looking into this on our side to understand what has happened.

We take the safeguarding of customer data extremely seriously and we would always in the first instance, recommend contacting your bank, as they're the experts and can best advise on next steps. Alongside this, if you haven't already we would also advise report this to Action Fraud on https://www.actionfraud.police.uk or via phone on 0300 123 2040.

Our team will also be investigating this and sending an update via the email address you've provided.

Many thanks,