Just Dreams / Crazy Business Practices!

1 HI, United States Review updated:

Paradise Blue has changed it's name to Just Dreams. From my research online it seems that this company has been every where from Florida to Texas and Several Islands in Hawaii. They have changed their name at least 4 times that I can see.

Let me tell you our experience...

We didn't even make it to the presentation, and from reading the reviews I am sorta glad we didn't! So we were approaced on the street in Wakiki, come check us out, get free tickets, blah blah blah. My husband and I just had just gotten married on Wakiki and were on our honeymoon. They offered us super cheap tickets for a sunset cruise so we thought sure, no big deal we'll check it out...

The rep on the street didn't say anything about any qualifications, just that a free shuttle would pick us up from our hotel. We weren't super happy about having to get up at 6:30 A.m on our honeymoon to make it to the presentation, but we complied. When we arrived one of the reps that were taking us up the elevator with another couple that was also picked up by our shuttle driver told us that when we got up there to make sure that we marked that we made more than $75 k a year or they would send us back. We thought this a little strange, but we happened to meet this requirement so we went a long with it. However I think they should tell you when your signing up for the presentation that you must be married and meet certain income requirements, otherwise they are seriously wasting people's time.

So we get into the room where about 4 other couples are waiting. We feel out their little survey form, marking how much we make, give ID's, etc. Then all the other couples are called back but us. The manager comes out and starts asking my husband and I where we work, how often we get paid, and what our take home pay is. I was appalled! Those are very personal questions, and we certainly weren't applying for a loan with this company, at least not that we were aware of! I told the manager (Shay) that we had already marked our salary range on the survey and that we didn't need to answer these questions. I asked him why he didn't ask any of the other couples these questions, my husband happens to be African American and I felt as thought they were discriminating. He got all hostile with me, told me just a moment, and came back, practically threw $20 at me and said here is your deposit back, your free to leave.

We were dumbfounded! We wanted our free gifts that we got up at 6 Am for!!! I told the guy that they were discriminating and we proceded to leave towards the elevator. He followed us to the elevator and was basically harrassing us! When I finally told him he was harrassing us, he left. When we got downstairs we went to the ticket office to see if we were still going to receive our discount tickets (we were highly doubting it at this point) noone was in there, so we waited. Here comes the manager again (all the way down from floor 6) to yell at and harrass us again. I asked him why they ran their business this way, and how are they going to start asking us all these questions, when they are trying to sell US somehthing! I asked him how much he made, how often he got paid, and what his take home pay was! He would't answer of course. He said that he can always tell when couples are lying because they react the same way I did (he wasn't calling me a liar of course though). Interesting... so couples are more than willing to just blurt out how much they make and when they get paid to a perfect stranger trying to sell them something... I THINK NOT! My question is... if you mark on the survey how much you make (within a range) why do they select some people and start cross examining them about their pay details? What difference does it make?

To me it seems that this company is more worred about being cheap and saving a buck by not offering discount ticktes to people who they don't think will buy then running a professional company. Who would buy something from a company that interrogated them in the first place? I also informed him of his elevator employee that told us to lie!!! He seemed to be aware of this! He ended the conversation by saying he would have his ticket girl "take care of us" and left. When she came back she offered us tickets for $2 below the retail price. What a joke! Shame on them. And that manager (Shay) should go back to kindergarten to learn basic communication skills and a little etiquette!

Please be ware! And don't make the mistake of wasting your valuable vacation time at this hole in the wall. We wasted our last morning of our honeymoon to be harrassed and put in a bad mood!

Comments

• Ju
      23rd of Nov, 2010

JUST DREAMS IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!
    NOTHING THEY SAID IN THE PRESENTATION WAS TRUE

A FRIEND AND I WERE ON VACATION IN HAWAII & WE WERE LURED INTO THE JUST DREAMS PRESENTATION- WE BOUGHT INTO THE PACKAGE THINKING THIS WAS A GREAT OFFER AND THAT ALL MENTIONED IN PRESENTATION...

25th of Nov, 2010

Just Dreams is a SCAM! AKA Paradise Blue(changed their name 4 times)

We went for the "free gift" and the "30" mintue program that lasted over 2 hours.

We had to hand over our cell phones so someone could personally turn them off. We were told that we would not be allow to use the restroom, so please go before the program started. THAT IN ITSELF SHOULD OF THREW UP RED FLAGS...But get the
    gift and leave. Right? Wrong!!! The program LOOKS Great! To Good to be True! And your
    on Vacation..You want to go back on Vacation.

So the Program starts at $9, 000 - Drops to $7, 000 by the time it was over we will give it to you for $4, 000 with a FREE Vacation (air fair not included) plus $183 or so a year. GIVE US YOU CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!!

But IF you change your mind you have 3 DAYS TO CANCEL NO QUESTIONS ASK!
    YEAH RIGHT!!!

Just Dreams will not let you walk out of the building by yourself if you buy the program. They put your binder with all your information in a brown paper bag and escort you into elevator, into a waiting van that takes you back to your hotel??? (Whats that all about?)

As soon as I got back to the room I check the internet, find how many times Paradise-Blue had changed their name, all the bad reviews, BBB RATES THEM AN "F". I had to check the BBB in Flordia, because they are really listed in Flordia??? with an Hawaii address??

We go back to Just Dreams and TRY TO CANCEL WITHIN (1 HOUR!!) Just get our money OFF the Credit Card. Which at that point had not even been post to our account!!

NO WAY - They WON'T DO IT. Just Dreams dropped the price to $2000 then to $1, 000 plus the free vacation & the yearly fee. Paradise-Blue just would NOT take No for an answer! After we made a scene & we refuse to go in the back office people were starting to leave.

They then signed the cancellation papers. BUT they still did not take the charges off our Credit card! PLUS they CHARGED a $250.00 PROCESSING FEE!!! $4250.00

SO We went Back the next day when all the "New couples" were coming in (I told as many as I chould that it was a scam & I was there to get my money back - check the BBB & internet before they buy) most of the couples thanked me & walked out. Just Dreams did not like that, I reminded them of "Free Speech" and I would continue to do that until I got my money back.

I just wanted the $4, 225.00 off my credit card (4) days & talking numerous times to Credit Card Company POLICE THATS WHAT IT TOOK! ITS A SCAM!!

25th of Nov, 2010

Just Dreams ripped me and my wife off in 11/2010 on our honeymoon. There deals are no better than Travelocity, orbitz, kayak, or priceline. And all those companies services are FREE!!! We paid approximatley $6, 000 for the uber special "Software license" only to find run down properties and virtually no "short term deals" they mention in the presentation. Not to mention NO DISCOUNTS beyond what the free sites can get you. I filed a complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs in Hawaii, and the company they used to finance me responded with a letter saying they would no longer charge me anymore. Although my app fee and such was not refunded, nor were my first 4 payments, but I dont care. I have an official letter from them saying the Hawaii Attorney General contacted them, and that I no longer owe money. They must have gotten scared. Anyhow, YES they are a total scam. And YES, contact the DCCA they can get it taken care of. They are the same company as paradise blue. They keep changing their name to avoid detection.

26th of Nov, 2010

All you knuckleheads who paid $7 grand to buy a software license, you can get the same deal for free on the internet. I highly suspect the positive posters are Just Dreams employees. My wife and I spent 9 days in Maui June 2010 for $2100. That's airfare from Alabama, condo, and rental car. There are a ton of internet resources to get better deals than Pacific Dreams for FREE!! Don't waste your money! Don't believe me, do the the research for yourself and you will see I'm right.

If I had been snucker into dropping a huge wad of cash on a software license I did not need, I would also probably be talking it up just to feel a little better about my bad investment.

• Fi
      2nd of Dec, 2010

Just Dreams...
    Complaints for this company allege that the company lures consumers to attend its sales presentation by offering discounted or free activities tickets on the street. The company uses high pressure sales tactics to sell software licensing for a program that promises discounted prices for vacation accommodations. The licensing cost ranges anywhere from $2, 000 to $9, 000. Consumers were given 3-day cancellation period, however, the company did not give program access information to consumers for 1 week or longer. Upon accessing the actual program, consumers found that the discounts promised were not available in the type of accommodations and in the amount referred in sales presentation, and that prices offered through the company's program were comparable to prices found at travel discount web sites that do not require fees to use.

• Va
      24th of Jan, 2011

While on our honeymoon to Oahu, we were approached by a man asking if we'd like tickets to a free dinner cruise for a half hour of our time and a continental breakfast. "Not a time share and no pressure to purchase anything...it's an internet thing." We had been getting up really early and nothing opens early anyways so we said yes.
    Here's how it went...
    The next morning we show up and of course there is no breakfast. We meet the age, marriage and income requirements so they bring us into another room along with 6 other couples and ask us about our traveling habits. They have us turn off our cell phones and tell us that to go to the restroom as they don't want us to leave during the presentation. About 30 mins after our start time the actual presentation begins. They give you an up front cost, and run through their program which is about half information and half trying to get you excited about traveling. (Just to give you an idea there is one employee for every couple and they clap, hoot, and cheer for the wonderful "Deals" they can get you in on) Overall they are trying to get you to buy "Ownership" writes to a website that only members can access. They also claim that this access gets you deals that far exceed that of the free sites. At the end of the presentation they tell you that you can get an even better deal if you sign up "Today." The sales pitch ended about an hour and 45 mins after our start time...and we were starving! ...But all-in-all the deal didn't seem too bad. As we asked questions (which they always had an answer for or simply just asked you a different question) different people came over and offered us better and better deals, starting at $10, 000 and ending around $2, 200. There were zero down offers with financing and so on and so forth. We weren't saying no, we just wanted to go to breakfast, talk it over, and maybe google the company name to see what came up. We asked if we could get the best deal if we came back "TODAY" and signed up. At that point...2 and half hours after we arrived, they simply told us to get our gift and go.
    We went to breakfast and my husband looked up the "Just Dreams" company name and the above postings and many other complaints and warnings of a scam were found within seconds. We did not buy and do not recommend this unless you are willing to spend two and a half hours, and have no problem saying no. My Husband and I are smart and I can argue with the best of them so this wasn't that much of an issue for us... though I am sorry to hear it is all a scam. If some one could offer what they are offering for real, it would be cool but just as always if it seems just too good to be true...IT IS!

We have no yet taken our dinner cruise but we did call the company and they had our reservation and is fully confirmed and paid for. Hope this helps! Blessings to you.

13th of Feb, 2011

Just Dreams Scam waikiki
    Complaints To The Dcca Of Hawaii - HERE IS FURTHER PROOF THE SHEER NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO BEEN SCAMMED BY DESTINATION PARADISE LLC IN HAWAII. LISTED ARE COMPLAINTS, TO THE DCCA OF HAWAII, THAT HAVE GONE UNRESOLVED.

Complaint No: OCP- 2009- 1213N

Complaint No: OCP- 2009- 0345N

Complaint No: OCP- 2008- 1243N

Complaint No: OCP- 2008- 1212N

Here is the Better Business Bureau Rating iof this company:
    Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    • 73 complaints filed against business
    • Failure to respond to 14 complaints filed against business.
    • 13 complaints filed against business that was not resolved.
    • BBB Accreditation was revoked because business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards.
    • Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

Here is the company Business Contact and Profile:

Customer Contact: Mr. Michael A. Balicki, Manager - (808) 685-7071
    Entity: Limited Liability Company
    Incorporated: March 2008, HI
    Type of Business: Travel Clubs
    BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business. Paradise Blue is opening another office in Maui. Paradise Blue has changed to Pacific Dreams on Maui.
    Any questions or problems concerning getting out of your contract with Destination paradise Hawaii(Paradise Blue and Pacific Dreams) please contact:
    Mr. Jeff D'Amato- Sales Manager in Maui 210-542-6135
    Mike Balicki- Sales Manager in Honolulu 808.222.4085
    Seyi Faodu - Sales Manager in Honolulu 612.310.6484
    Chuck Roubalard - Owner of the product and Leader of the entire scam. 763.772.6535

• Sc
      13th of Feb, 2011

EXCUSE THE CAPS AS I AM NOT SCREAMING...JUST TYPING WITH ONE FINGER RIGHT NOW...

FOR THOSE WHO QUESTION WHY SOME PEOPLE FEEL JUST DREAMS IS A SCAM AND WANT PROOF AND SCENARIOS OF SUCH AND ACCUSE AN EMPLOYEE OF POSTING SUCH INFORMATION, PLEASE ANSWER ME THESE QUESTIONS...

WHY WOULD A COMPANY WHO FEELS ITS PRODUCT IS SO GREAT CHANGE THEIR NAME FROM VALUED GUESTS LLC TO DESTINATION PARADISE TO PARADISE BLUE AND NOW PACIFIC DREAMS MAUI?

WHY WOULD YOU OFFER A PRODUCT THAT YOU CANNOT VIEW UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY GET YOUR PASSWORD TWO WEEKS LATER AND BASICALLY 12 DAYS AFTER YOUR CANCELLATION PERIOD HAS EXPIRED?

WHY GIVE CUSTOMERS A HARD TIME IF THEY DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP AND CHANGE THE PRICE FROM AS HIGH AS $9995 TO JUST THE ANNUAL FEE OF $189?

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DID BUY INTO IT, DID YOU LOOK AT THE BINDER YOU RECEIVED AND HOW GENERIC IT IS? DID YOU NOTICE THAT DESTINATION PARADISE IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE IN THE LAMINATED PAGES JUST ON THE BINDER ITSELF?

I BOUGHT INTO DESTINATION PARADISE IN 2008 AND THERE WAS NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPANY ON THE INTERNET. THE ONLY WEBSITE THAT EXISTED WAS THE ONE YOU WOULD LOG INTO TO VIEW THEIR SO-CALLED DISCOUNTS THAT WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER TRAVEL WEBSITES WERE HIGHER PRICED. DESTINATION PARADISE, VALUED GUESTS LLC, PARADISE BLUE AND THE ACTIVITY STORE ARE ALL THE SAME COMPANY. THE ACTIVITY STORE SUPPLIES THE "FREE" TOURIST ATTRACTION TICKETS THAT ARE OFFERED ON THE STREET TO ENTICE THE BUYER TO ATTEND THE PRESENTATION OF OVER TWO HOURS IF YOU DON'T BUY INTO IT RIGHT AWAY AND THE TICKETS ARE NOT FREE BECAUSE THE PERSON THAT APPROACHES YOU ON THE STREET ASKS FOR A $20 DEPOSIT.

FOR THOSE WBO HAVE USED THE SOFTWARE AND RAVE ABOOUT IT, PLEASE LIST THE NAMES OF THE HOTELS/RESORTS/CONDOS YOU STAYED IN?

SO ANNIE, EXPLAIN HOW A PERSON SAVES MONEY OVER TIME INVESTING $2K TO 10K PLUS INTEREST IF FINANCED PLUS THE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE OF ALMOST $200 BOOKING 1-4 WEEK SAT A CONDO AT #700/WEEK AND IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL THE TRIP FOR WHATEVER REASON, YOU CANNOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK? WHERE'S THE SAVINGS? PLEASE EXPLAIN...OR PERHAPS YOU OR YOUR FRIEND ACTUALLY WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE????

I BOUGHT INTO THIS. I CAN PROVE IT AND I CAN ALSO TELL YOU THAT A FEW OF US THAT BOUGHT INTO THIS BETWEEN 2010 AND 2011 ACTUALLY GOT ALL OF OUR MONIES BACK BECAUSE WE BOMBARDED THE DCCA IN HAWAII AND THE BBB WITH OUR FORMAL COMPLAINTS AND EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT OUR CLAIMS WERE TRUTHFUL. AFTER THE INVESTIGATION, WE PREVAILED SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO BOUGHT INTO PARADISE BLUE, DON'T LOSE HOPE. DON'T STOP YOUR COMPLAINTS BECAUSE MONEY IS NOT EASY TO COME BY THESE DAYS.

24th of Feb, 2011

just Dreams did the same thing to me and my wife.Try to cancel four days after we sign, they refuse saying it was to late. I'm declaring war on Just Dreams.

16th of Mar, 2011

I wonder that with many claims/complaints from Visitors (from all the States to Hawaii), what have the Department of Consumer Affair in Hawaii, the Hawaii Police Department and the FDI had done to help these victims?

I think the DCCA should have a way to protect or to warn Hawaii's visitors about these scams. If not, the Paradise will not be longer a Paradise. This matter will chase the visitors away.

If some one knows the most effective way to file a claim/complaint and to get the refund ASAP, please advise. Many thanks.

16th of Mar, 2011

Keep filing with the consumer protection agency and also write the mayor and the governor with copies of the paper work you receive your just dream and be honest of how their contact with you begin. Don't forget to mention the turn off your cell phone bit.

16th of Mar, 2011

also this is what i did, make copies of the hold package for your record, and send copies of your complaint to the governor, mayor and to just dreams stating the presentation is not the same as your soft ware prices and demand a refund. Send your package back to Manager Cole R. good luck and don't give up. I got my refund in two months because i didn't give up.

21st of Mar, 2011

TO ANYONE THAT WILL HELP US OUT. WE JUST BOUGHT INTO THE PACKAGE, CAME BACK TO THE HOTEL & READ UP ON IT. WE QUICKLY REALIZED THAT WE WERE SCAMMED. WE WENT BACK THE VERY NEXT DAY & THEY SAID THAT OUR CREDIT CARD WOULD BE REFUNDED WITHIN 7 TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS, EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE $250, I FEEL THAT WE SHOULD GET THAT RETURNED TO US ALSO. I WAS WONDERING WHO WE GO THROUGH TO TRY & GET THIS BACK, & SHOULD WE BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO RETURN OUR MONEY! PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

• Lo
      24th of Mar, 2011

If you purchased with a credit card, just remember that you are protected against scams. To start, just call your CC company and explain the situation. They will ask you to send a detailed letter of cancellation via registered/certified mail and if you have not received your money back, the CC company will credit you back and begin an investigation. As long as you can prove that you cancelled within 7 business days - there is an excellent chance that you will also get back the $250. The reason is that Just Dreams charged your CC for ONE charge. That is the amount of the sale + the $250. So when the CC company credits you back, it will be for the whole amount. If you are outside of the 7 days - still pursue this because their sales document/contract is a joke. Any lawyer will tell you that this contract is unable to be enforced in any court of law in this country. I will not go into details for the obvious reason that I would be helping those fools that are employed by this pathetic company fix their amateur contract.

• Ra
      24th of Mar, 2011

I am a new customer that got scammed in Honolulu by Just Dreams. I could repeat my scam but it is closest to Justdreams.scam and Just-Dreams. We did put the cost orf the scam on our credit card and I expect to contact our Credit Card company immediately. I will file a complaint with the DCCA, the Governor, The Mayor, the FBI, BBB and even a new option: INVESTIGATING REPORTERS of the local TV STATIONS, ABC, CBS, HBC and FOX. I am not the best at Editing and Deleting all needless photos and junk of complaints listed above. I hope one of our group could consolidate all of these complaints and return the consolidated copy to all of us. ( GOOD JOB ABOVE justdreams.scam). Also if possible, include the complaints from other web sites (if you can find any)
    that may have posted complaints about Just Dreams, Paradise Blue, Pacific Dreams and other previous names. I am so positive that someone in Hawaii will listen.
    In regard to there contact as being unenforceable, I agree. THIS IS MY OPINION "Write a reply with a Recission Letter and sent it to Just Dreams within a week ( Certified Return Receipt)" Lets work together and bombard the media, officials and government agencies.

• Wa
      7th of Apr, 2011

For anyone interested in filing a complaint, Hawaii's Consumer Protection agency has a downloadable form available at: http://hawaii.gov/dcca/ocp/consumer_complaint/consumer-complaint.html

I urge anyone unsatisfied with the company to file a complaint. My girlfriend and I participated in one of their presentations, but did not purchase their product. Nonetheless, I was appalled to read about the complaints above (especially given how insistent they are to get your credit card info on-site) and don't want to let the experience go unnoticed. It'd be particularly unfortunate if these companies turn tourists sour on Hawaii.

• Yo
      25th of Apr, 2011

I didn't buy into this whole thing so I can't really file a complaint. The reps were really rude and began insulting me in front of my 12 year old child when I wouldn't buy into the program. The manager came over and began harrassing me and insulting me as well. So, I asked why would they do so if they are trying to sell me something. Not a good way to "make me want" the program! However, I finally got tired of their little game and said, "Ok, give me all the paper work I will need to fill out to sign up and I will have my ATTORNEY look it over. I don't sign anything like this without my attorney." That did it for them, I was asked to leave, got my tickets for my son and myself for two activities for FREE because I wasn't leaving without my "deposit" and my promised discounted tickets...which then became free when I mentioned the attorney! :) Glad I was smart enough to mention that little tid bit!!! I walked out of there with my money, free tickets and my dignity! I am so very sorry for anyone who did buy into this program. My heart goes out to you and I pray you get every cent back! Good luck and don't give up!!!

6th of May, 2011

hey we are not agree with all these issues regarding just dreams scam!!
    last month me and my family went to hawaii..they really did a great job to handle all of us..services of hawaii are very good..i dont know about past but now its much better..dont know why guys post negative feedback to this company..i think there are lots and lots of competitors in the market and all of them wants to pull down each other..its against the humanity and i dont know why google agree with this without confirming any issue..kindly check and confirm all the issues by your own and make a decision!!

• Fu
      12th of May, 2011
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

WE ARE TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH ALL THESE!
    JUST DREAMS SCAM IS NOT A SCAM!
    Extremely professional, did as he said would do, great contact, would use again!

12th of May, 2011

According to me, I dont think that Just Dreams do any scam with any person.
    This is my own experience..its superb not bad