Just Brakes / Fraud and cheating

Just Brakes
I took my car to Just Brakes for new front brakes that were advertised for $99. The mechanic came to get me and showed with amazement that I had some kind of mysterious ailment with my front pads...they weren't worn evenly. He then showed me the rear brake pistons, pushed back the rubber seals to reveal a few drops of brake fluid, and declared that the pistons were bad and brake fluid was just 'pouring out' (never mind that in 4 years I had never added brake fluid and it was still at the full level). Sadly, he let me know that all would have to be replaced...including the front pistons. When I refused and stated I just wanted the pads replaced for $99 he let me know that it 'just wouldn't be safe' and refused to do the service.

They informed me the repair would cost $300 or so. My car was already dismantled and I was afraid to drive it without the work so I agreed to get it done. I left the car at the shop cuz they said it'd be a few hours before itd be done. After I left I got a call saying that they found a few more minor issues & the repairs would cost a little over $400. I wasn't happy about it but agreed to have it done, after being told they couldn't do the brakes if I didn't have the work done & they weren't able to reassemble the car without these repairs. They called me to pick up my vehicle & told me the total was over $1000. I argued with the man over the phone for a good 15 minutes about the cost & he lowered the price to $900, then $800, then $700 then $750... All the way to $550. Upon returning to pick up the vehicle the cashier told me the total was $650. I argued with the man even though he assured me he was giving me such a great deal & he could loose his job for doing it but wasn't getting anything accomplished except more & more upset so I paid it. They also informed me that there was another $300-$400 worth of repairs that needed to be done for the car to be safe. Mad as hell I left having paid $650 for a $99 brake job.

A week later my car starting making some horrible screeching noises & not properly braking. It got so bad that I felt it wasn't drivable so I had it towed into a local shop where they inspected the cars brakes system. I was told that the noise was caused by the rear brakes had been reassembled incorrectly & this caused additional damage. After paying stupid Just Brakes $650 I had to spend another $800 to fix what they screwed up!!!

N  29th of Nov, 2008 by
Need to get my wheels barrier replace on the left driver side of my truck, the price started off at $500.00 dollar by the time I got a call the price was $1009.00. Okay, the manager was saying now I need to get my rotor replace, and I just had those done last year and brakes as well. Then the manager gave me the long story about my the tire falling off when he place my truck on the lift. Then I told him that I didn't have $1009.00 to get my truck repair, then he stated that if I didn't pay for entire repair, I won't be able to get my truck back with out paying something the minimum would be $500.00. Okay I drop the truck off on 18th of October and I explain that prior to leaving my truck that I didn't have the money.

So, I ask could I leave my truck here until the 31st of October, because I needed time to come up with money. Okay the manager agree I could leave my truck there and won't be charge a storage fee or diagnose fee. Okay after talking to the manager who was very disrespectful about not allow me to have my truck towed, I was speaking with on the phone and he never mention that my truck couldn't be towed. The store manager call me back a hour later and said that my truck couldn't be towed because it only had three tires, so he told the towing company that they couldn't take the truck. I wanted to have to truck towed back to my house which was walking distance. I called the corporate office and spoke the distance manager and he was worse the store manager. Bottom lines is don't ever take your vehicle to any of the Just Brakes they are about making money at your expense.
A  17th of Jan, 2010 by
I got ripped off - like everybody that's complaining -BUT -
I took these guys to mediation/arbitration - which all of ya'll should be doing -
the address is right there on the just brakes receipt -National arbitration Forum
let's just say that Just Brakes corporate called me and cut me a check for $350
'cause they didn't want to deal with me to begin with - please please - Get your money
back- it's sooooooooo simple to do!!!
N  29th of Aug, 2014 by
Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at 1-800-445-7105 to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.

Just Brakes Logo Just Brakes