Jetstar / booking system failure

1 Australia

I recently used Jetstar's online booking system to book flights for my partner and I away to Adelaide. I selected entertainment packages for myself and my partner on all flights and opted out of all charity donations as I don't donate to charities that I am not personally involved in. I checked the summary of my booking before paying 3 times to ensure that I included everything and made the payment. Upon receipt of the itinerary, I found that the system had removed my entertainment packages and added donations to my booking. I spoke to a customer service representative: "Fatima" who advised me that they would not refund the donations even though I specifically opted out of all of the ones that they include by default on the bookings (which in itself is unprofessional. It is a personal choice to donate to charities and should not be a default option on anything). Extremely disappointed at the service received and the experience encountered.
This will be my first and last experience with the incompetent and unprofessional airline. I urge anyone thinking about using them to use another airline. They appear cheaper but when you add on the "optional extras" like baggage and find that they charge you "seat fees" (this by the way is included in every other airline's fare price) they aren't competitive.

Do