Jeromes Furniture / Bad server and delivery

I ordered over $1000 in furniture from Jeromes at the beginning of January. I was told that one of the items I ordered was not in stock and would be available sometime in March. I paid for all of the furniture in full through Jeromes financing with GE Money.

I was contacted by a representative at Jeromes on March 31st who informed me that the item (swivel chair) finally arrived. I scheduled delivery for the next day, April 1st. I received a call at 8am on April 1st letting me know that the delivery window would be between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm. I waited at my home all day. At 6:55 pm, I contacted the delivery department to get an eta - since the driver had not yet shown up to deliver the item. I was told that the driver was running late and would deliver the furniture by 8:30 pm at the latest. At 8:45 pm the driver left me a message indicating that his previous customer refused delivery on their items and that he would have to take care of their issue - but he would be able to make the delivery within 1/2 an hour. At 10:00 pm, the driver still has not shown up so I contacted the delivery department at Jeromes and spoke with Anita.

I explained the delivery issue to Anita - and she sounded like she didn't even care and told me that I was the one who agreed to wait for the delivery. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there was no supervisor available. She contacted the driver and said that he would be at my place in 20 minutes. At 10:45 pm, I called back and spoke with Anita again. I told her that the driver still did not show up. I told her that I was unhappy with the service. She was rude. At that time, I requested to cancel my order but requested to speak to a customer service rep or supervisor first. I was told that someone would contact me the next day.

No one called me the next day. I called the following day (today) and was told that the cancellation was already put through and that I wouldn't even receive a refund until 30 days or more. I asked the rep if I could talk to a supervisor or manager and was told that a supervisor or manager was not available - but she offered to transfer me to the sales department. My call was transferred but then disconnected. I called the sales department back - and my called was disconnected again!

I am extremely unhappy with the service at Jeromes. They do not seem to care about their customers.

We

Comments

• Je
      12th of Apr, 2010

We greatly apologize for the issues you've experienced. I would like to talk to you in more detail about what occurred and resolve the issue. Please contact me at 858-753-1570

Leatha Molina