iTalk Global Communications / Illegal and fraudulent business practices
I began my long distance phone service with ITALKBB on March 17, 2006. The service agreement was for 12 months, plus an additional 2 months free, for a total of 14 months. The total price of $308.99 which included the costs of equipment was paid on my credit card. On May 28, 2007, a charge for $299.14 appeared on my credit card from ITAKEBB. I never agreed to another year of their service and was never contacted by ITALKBB about renewing the service. I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge. After disputing the charge, I was contacted by ITALKBB and agreed to another year of service. The credit card charge was approved by me and payment was processed. Later ITALKBB claimed they never received payment, and canceled the service. I contacted my credit card company and they claimed the payment was wired to ITALKBB. After explaining to ITALKBB that my credit card company was investigating the payment, ITALKBB attempted to charge my credit card a second time without my permission which I stopped. ITALKBB canceled my service.
This was the last I heard from ITALKBB until April, 2008 when I was contacted by a collection agency claiming I owed ITALKBB $160.09. I contacted both the collection agency and ITALKBB for details. I wanted to talk to a manager at ITALKBB, and I left a message to call me back to discuses the matter. They never called me back. Working through the collection agency (because ITALKBB would not contact me), I requested an invoice with itemized charges and details. The invoice I received listed $100.10 for service fees and $59.99 for equipment. After further negotiations with the collection agency, the $59.99 would be removed if I returned the equipment, and the $100.10 services fee would be reduced to $60.00.
The following are the complaints I have with ITALKBB:
1. They had no legal right to charge my credit card to renew their service without my permission (which they did twice).
2. After many months of trying to resolve the payment issue with my credit card company, to this day I still do not know if ITALKBB received my original payment or not, but my credit card company says yes. From what I perceive, ITALKBB could be attempting to double bill me. I repeat, ITALKBB has never returned my phone calls to discuss the matter.
3. When I first agreed to do business with ITALKBB, they stated that equipment costs were already included in the $308.99, and there was no mention of returning the equipment upon cancellation of service. ITALKBB is changing its policy agreement with me in an attempt to wrongfully and illegally collect more money.
4. Finally, why was not I contacted by ITALKBB upon cancellation of service that I owe this alleged money? Why was not a final invoice or bill sent to me? Instead, they contacted a collection agency which threatened my credit and expected me to blindly pay without proper documentation for this claim.
The unprofessional manner in which ITALKBB conducts business I believe is illegal and fraudulent, and ITALKBB business practices need to be investigated immediately. Please contact me if you require more information and documentation.
More iTalk Global Communications Complaints & Reviews
- iTalkBB - Do not use them 
- iTalkBB - Refusal to cancel 
- iTalkBB - SCAM COMPANY 
- iTalkBB - Contract cancellation 
- iTalkBB - ripp off 
- iTalkBB Global Communications - fibreoptic, inflated bills
- iTalkBB Global Communications - bill
- iTalkBB Global Communications - home broadband a £20 router name zyxel
- iTalkBB Global Communications - broadband & phone
- iTalkBB - very bad customer services, bad signals, and expensive price