irobot service / error 15 in I robot 960

1 United States

Good day,

Could you please clarify whether it is IRobot's company policy to not disclose known product faults to their clients? Three weeks ago, I arrived to the IRobot store in Raanana (Israel) in order to buy a new battery for the IRobot I had - which was one of the first kinds sold in Israel and which worked perfectly. The store employees convinced me to upgrade to a newer version, and thus trade my older IRobot in for a newer one.

That said, they did not disclose that after two weeks there will be a technical fault which would hinder me from making use of the product (Error 15), by making it impossible to neutralise the IRobot when holding down both buttons.

After having spoken to technical support, I was told that the product needed to be taken to the lab by a delivery service, and that it is on the customer to wait for the delivery person for 4 hours during the word day, which is utterly unacceptable. Should I decide to cancel the trade in, I was told that I would not receive my old IRobot back and that I would also lose an additional 30% of the cost of the trade in. Therefore, a loyal and return customer of IRobot is being forced to lose not only in the quality of the product, but also suffer financially.

Why is it that once you purchase an IRobot you receive such unprofessional and unjust customer support? Why is it that the full cost of the product is not returned to the customer when it is evident and understood that it is faulty? Why does IRobot not take responsibility for its products? I have lost faith and trust in your products and despite having taken a financial loss twice due to your lack of service and faulty products, I will no longer make use of the IRobot.

regards