IRCTC / No refund on train cancellation due to Gujjar protests

1 India Review updated:

I had booked an e-ticket for the PNR no. [protected] on irctc.co.in portal. On the day of travel, i.e. 28 May, 2008, I was informed by the Agra Railway station information counter that the train is delayed by more than 12 hours and finally got canceled. All the trains originating from Rajasthan on 28 May were late and were finally canceled due to the Gujjar protests. The Cancellation rule on the IRCTC website says:

If the train is marked as "CANCELLED" in PRS due to breaches, floods, accidents etc. full refund is permissible in case the ticket is canceled within three days of the scheduled departure of the train. In case of e-tickets, such cancellations can be done by the customer through Internet. Unfortunately, my travel plans got impacted due to the train cancellation and I had to cancel the ticket online. Not to mention the discomfort and distress the change of plans and extra money for the new reservation at the last moment caused. As per the cancellation rules full refund needs to be made when the train is canceled.

Surprisingly, I have been refunded Rs. 264/- less under the transaction id [protected].

I am unable to understand on what account Rs. 264/- has been deducted, when the train was canceled. More so, the per ticket cancellation charge is 60/- only and I had 2 confirmed tickets, so, logically only 120/- should have been deducted. Truly, IRCTC seems to be flouting the Indian Railways cancellation rules and do not provide any explanation also after repeated requests.

After sending several reminders at care@irctc.co.in also no one has bothered to reply until date. Truly, we are officially taken for a ride by a government agency.

God Bless IRCTC customers.

Ha

Comments

• Me
      10th of Aug, 2009

Hi
    Our train MALWA XPRESS (2920) from JAMMU TAWI (JAT) to NEW DELHI (NDLS) dated 25 May 2009 was cancelled due to the riots in PUNJAB,
    we were told that our reservation aomunt will be refunded automatically into your account because we had e-tickets
    PNR Nos. are as follows
    2521905611
    now its been more then one month and the amount has not been refunded.

Please look after the matter.

†hñx n Rєgคrd§

date of booking : 11aug2009
    cancellation date : 12aug2009
    refund amount : 1064
    receipt no. : 726088
    my amount after cancellation not refunded

2nd problem,

pnr : 2525486492
    date of booking : 11aug09
    refund amount : 1330
    receipt no. : irctc.1548.12082009
    refund date : 12aug09
    the amonut refund by irctc is rs. 1555 but it is booking amount not the refund amount so please check for the delivery of right amount and in actual, i have not collected any amount
    of 1555 it is just shown by my bank statement
    so please check for it also

my name: sourabh shrivastava