Inventel / hd mirror cam

1 Rockaway, NJ, United States Review updated:

I order 2 hd mirror cams. I want to return the one that i have not opened. I ordered it for my friend but he doesn't want it. I have called the customer service phone number several times and no one answers. I was on the line for up to 20 minutes waiting for a customer service representative. No one took my call. When i call tomorrow and get no answer i am going to call the antonery general of new jersey and make a complaint about this company.

Sh
Jul 6, 2017

Comments

• Gl
      7th of Nov, 2017

I installed my HD Dashcam two days ago. yesterday when i used my truck for the first time with the Hashcam installed it worked for about 9 minutes then it froze. it would not do anything none of the controls worked. So I took it out of the truck. this morning it looks like it's trying to turn on but the batteries do not hold a charge long enough for it to work outside the vehicle. I tried to call the company Inventel that distributes it at 12.20 p.m. e.s.t. and got the message that said they were closed and to please call back during business hours, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. e.s.t. DAH!
    What kind of company is this ? It seems like it's being run by second grade kids that don't know how to tell the time even.
    I hope they have someone there that can read so they can address this insanity.

9th of Nov, 2017

I have had my HD camera for awhile now and it has worked pretty well. Today 11/9/17 it went to a strange screen and won't do anything. I push the on/off button...nothing happens. I push the menu button, up down etc and it is just stuck. I have unplugged it from the power source waiting for the battery to run down before I re-hook it up to see if it will re boot itself. What do I do if it doesn't? The screen that it is stuck on looks like a menu screen but none of the buttons will do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

• Gr
      13th of Mar, 2018

I purchased a mirror cam in November 2017 as a Christmas gift through HSN. Unfortunately, it stopped working in mid January 2018. Because it was a Christmas gift and not opened until the end of December my husband was only able to get less than a month worth of use from this faulty product. Initially, I contacted HSN who directed me to the manufacturer. Let me tell you, the customer service was abysmal and disrespectful. In a gist, the woman told me that she couldn’t do anything, that too much time had elapsed even though the product had been used less than a month and that it was not Inventel’s problem. She said I needed to take it up with HSN. I didn’t even want a refund... simply only to have whatever faulty problem fixed. The woman did not even give me a chance to express that. She said “you can tell HSN I said that. We’ve already told them we will not be dealing with these problems” of which I responded, “are you not even concerned about your customers’ experience or your company’s reputation?” Of which she responded, “it’s not my problem” and then hung up on me. I was able to call HSN back told them about my experience where they assisted me in lodging a complaint about the company while also giving me a credit for the horrendous experience I had just received. Hopefully enough people complain so that their product will no longer be sold there. Had I known this company, I would have not purchased this. I guess that’s why they try to sell through other distributors. Terrible product and terrible company lacking any sort of ethics. Taking consumers money and placing blame and responsibility on other companies.

• Ca
      5th of Apr, 2018

I purchased an HD Mirror Cam and installed it in my vehicle after buying the micro SD card which was not included. A short while later, the unit kept turning itself off, and I had to jiggle the car charger to get it going again only to have it malfunction within minutes. I contacted Inventel customer service and the rep said he would send out a new car charger cord but after months waiting, it never arrived. They are a SCAM. DO NOT BUY from this company!!! I recently tried the customer service number again and my call was routed to an off shore company who tried to scam my personal information such as date of birth, etc...When I refused to give personal information, they refused to connect me with the original toll free number. They should be INVESTIGATED!!!

• Cr
      5th of May, 2018

I had your awesome rearwiew mirror for 6 weeks. It stopped working. It would activate when I drove but after 20 seconds it would automatically turn off. I’m very disappointed of how long it worked.
    My son was in an accident that was not his fault and it didn’t record it cause it disengaged and turned off 2 hrs prior. Your cam is great for 5 weeks.
    What a waste. I still have it if you want me to return it and send me a new one. Other than that, my Facebook and tweeter and my personal website friends will know what a waste of money it is. I will report you to the BBB if this is not rectified

• Cr
      5th of May, 2018

You heard what I said. I’m very disappointed of how long it worked until it didnt

• Bi
      30th of May, 2018

Mike Jones order # 658603
    NJBBB, NJ Attorney, U.S. Department of Consumer Affairs
    Re: Will not stay on, why ?

Today 5-30-2018 I spoke with ELVIS 888-596-2538 supervisor at Inven Tel.
    He stated that there us nothing he can do, he said "you did not purchase a 2 year warranty on the unit.

Substandard merchandise sold in the United States.

Priority: Normal Date: Monday, May 28, 2018 5:07 PM Size: 23 KB

Dear Valued Customer,

After resetting the Mirror Cam, when it goes off. Re insert the SD card and turn it on by connecting it to your car charger.

If you have any questions please reply directly to this email or else you can call us on our customer service #(888) 596-2538.

Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 4:45:20 PM
    Subject: Re: Will not stay on, why ?

When do I re insert the SD card ? After I push the reset button ? After I hook up the power ?

Will I need to replace the batteries ?

Mike
    Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your email and we appreciate your interest in our product. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, Please try to reset the cam with the pin inserting it in the tiny reset hole at the back of the cam make sure you remove the sd card when you reset it, Once you reset it will go off do not turn it on, connect it in your car connected to the charger and turn the iginition on and see if the issue is resolved, If the issue still persists Please email us back again to help you further on this

For further queries you can emails us on customerservice@inventel.tv or call us on 888-596-2538

Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 1:24:55 PM

YOUR LOSS

Your messages will go on the World Wide Net tomorrow morning.

It's time to STOP the sales of junk in this country.

_______________________________
    Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 12:50:43 PM
    Subject: Re: Will not stay on, why ?

I will spread the word about your customer resource services, which are nil.

Tell your engineers to make them with replacement batteries. Your business may make it to longevity.

I will throw the unit in the trash.

Thanks for taking my money, three wanted to know how it is, I will tell them it is junk.

Mike

Dear Valued Customer,

As you don't have a Two Warranty cover .

Hence, Therefore we would suggest you to go to a local electronic repairing store around you .

Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 9:01:01 AM
    Subject: Re: Will not stay on, why ?

I've done what you said. It still does not operate properly . When I turn it on the screen lights, the battery figure comes up green then turns red and the unit shuts off.

What is going here ? The Mirrorcam is 1 1/2 years old. I have a brand new vehicle.

RESET HD MIRROR CAM -

Kindly reset the HD Mirror cam turn the rear view mirror around and you will be able to see two pin holes, please insert a bobby pin in the pin hole named RESET and press it for 2 seconds and restart the HDMC

Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 11:59:12 AM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: Will not stay on, why ?

Why does my mirror cam shut off ? While working it goes off by itself. No flashing blue lights, no flashing red lights. It won’t stay on. Why ?

Mike Jones